Sign in to follow this  
michal

Will anyone ever make a new FS?

>The last team that tried it was the TRI Fly! team... they did>not survive commercially and their two releases put their>users through a roller coaster ride of patches.. but at the>same time, they introduced better systems, graphics, ATC, and>better scenery. Microsoft certainly paid attention and took>many ideas from the Fly! title and included them in their next>releases.>>Every time a new team emerges, they raise the bar, and>everyone gains!>>I personally think that Microsoft has done a great job of>taking the original Sublogic package and upgrading it again>and again to the level it is at today! It may not be perfect,>but with add-on mesh scenery and add-on airplanes it sure is a>joy to fly!! >>I, for one, cannot wait to see what FS10 may have to offer...>if the past is a guide, it will be a headache for a while as>we sort out which add-ons work, and which ones do not, but>after that it will likely replace FS9 on all of our>harddrives!I don't think Fly! was ever known for its "better scenery." To the contrary, while the cockpit modelling was top notch, the Fly! scenery was god-awful. In fact, it was practically non-existent. Outside the 5 "high res" areas, the world looked like it had just been flattened by an atom bomb. The selling point of alternative flight sims has always been the weakness of MS's stock planes. With the advent of top notch realistic addons, this isn't an issue any more. Flight Unlimited tried to sell itself on its realistic weather engine. With the arrival of fsmeteo and activesky, this, too, is not an issue anymore. Fly!Flight UnlimitedSierra Propilot- I owned them all. There was always something in each one of them that made me uninstall them quickly and permanently. ricardo

>>>> Outside the 5 "high res" areas, the world looked like it had just been flattened by an atom bomb. For that, the high res areas were very good and a model for FS9's San Fransisco and New York... not to mention the fabulous Terrascene add-on that allowed users to construct their own detail scenery... It was not all perfect, I grant you, but I believe MS heard the footsteps and pulled up their socks which is good for all of us!

Bert

Hi, "Look at how these sims render water for example. That is one thing that MS will have no problem whatsoever to achieve in FS 2006 if they have any kind of programming talent :)"Why you did not compare CV sim with CV sim? did you think there is a reason? or only post like this? Did you ever know why all CV sim had problem in the software? FLY tons of bugs and limited scenery graphics, FUIII at the release not flyable at all with full stutter, low fps, with a limited area to fly, x-plane few improvement continue update over update with no dramatic improvement etc.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi, "X-Plane is soon comming out in version 8.0 though which is supposed to feature a completely new scenery system."You can download the beta, it will try to match fs20022004.Fs2006 will have probably better ground scenery and others scenery stuff then fs2004. X-plane will have to improve this again, story continue version over version. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi, "Will any company ever make a FS that will rival M$FS?"To rival with Ms the sim should have, continuous series product released and have 50% better on all area one by one, if the sim will only try to match a product or only some area are better, the product won't have sucess at all with the $million$ cost of the production, it is a big risk to make with the amount of problems will came with it and supports, Extremly and vital important are the commercial and freeware developper that's are working to really have ton's of simer community that's will extend the life of the product the series of the product. It's not like a combat flight simulator with bombs and fire with mission that's user don't care about the rest of the world and don't care about the mesh, landclass, airports data, atc, AI,weather engine, and all the small details that's are important to the CV simmer. Imagine, area with no nav data,no jeppesen data, no airports data, limited stuff such small texture, landlass, mesh, basic few cumulus clouds with no fps hit, this was all the cry users wanted to implement to a CV Sim many years back etc.The 3rd party developper addons and the addon's architecture + $ make the real life for a product, Fly have the most complicated structure to build aircraft addon's, which is a major problems for a sim. See these sim without addons, without easy structure to create addon's and the budjet $ what's will looks; propilot, fly, FUIII, X-plane, Msfs;A good product is for a long terme developpement and not a "right now all in one product" because the sim can sink anytime, get outdated after couple of years and you will have to change your home again and start to 0.Addon's are important to any product, do not think you will see a product perfect without addon's or with addon's. I just came from the EA sport forum Nhl 2005 and the story that's we have seen here is identical, tons tons of complain, some users with statement like this: NHL98 goodNHL99 badnhl2000 goodnhl2001 badnhl2002 goodnhl2003 badnhl2004 goodnhl2005 badI can write many thing like this on others games type from forum statement etc.It remind me similar post attitude that's I have seen here. Nobody use NHL without addon's there is many things that's are not accurate ;) it's the same on many games, forget about the word perfect and bashing or disappointed from any company including Ms without knowing what's are the require of the creationtime and the budjet.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

>Hi,> "But really there is combat flight sims that is much much>better than FS 2004">>>The biggest mistacke comparing combat sim vs cv sim, totally>not the same thing on creation and data.>>>Thanks>Chris Willis>>[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons>For MsFsNo there is no misstake whatsoever. Look at how much more LOMAC for example renders while still achieving better performance. In term of graphics quality it doesn

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Gotta agree with Chris on this one. I've flown IL2 a fair bit and LOMAC some too and afaic, while some of the visual effects in the combat sims are better (the water and so forth) the overall impression is to my eyes far less deep and believable in the combat sims. It just doesn't feel like theres a world around you at all. The scenery complexity (especially combined with the weather) in FS9 just seems way more complex to me than any of the combat sims I've tried.

I honestly think MS should focus the next version almost completely on improving/rewriting the graphics engine and in really giving developers the keys to fully unlocking the flight dynamics etc. I really don't see the need for them to focus on adding more default aircraft or anything like that, when everyone (at least in the FS enthusiast community) knows that the addon makers can far surpass MS.I see it the same way that I do an operating system - FS is an OS that we use to install "programs" (addons) to and run.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ThrottleUp

<<<< I see it the same way that I do an operating system - FS is an OS that we use to install "programs" (addons) to and run >>>>Hey, thats a neat way of looking at it :)

Hi, "I honestly think MS should focus the next version almost completely on improving/rewriting the graphics engine "The time when fs2k6 will be released even with directx9 capability, others game will already use much more advanced better graphics with new technologiesgraphics cards to compare with and not related to fs, You will already not be happy about graphics and maybe disappointed if you compare to others graphics, you want better grachics because your see others games type technologie graphics non related to fs and you will be disappointed. Worst in fs, it is released each 2 years, imagine new game released after 6 or 1 years that's will put Msfs outaded on graphics.Many many new 3d new tech feature thing are impossible and are simply not designed to implement in fs compare to others. Why ms did not implement like this and this etc. You will always be disappointed if you are watching others type of game one by one and see those, I agree; incredible graphics, but just see the history on graphics at the release of fly, x-plane and msfs vs others game. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Tim13

"It just doesn't feel like theres a world around you at all. The scenery complexity (especially combined with the weather) in FS9 just seems way more complex to me than any of the combat sims I've tried."I'm a casual user of the IL2 franchise, and have been flying MSFS since version 4.0. The only time that I've ever felt anything that was remotely close to real world flying was in IL2. I was flying an early morning low vis sortie in a Bf-109, and I actually started getting a small case of the "leans". I had to really rely on the instruments to keep from losing control of the aircraft. I've never had to rely on the instruments for control in a FS aircraft. The immersion factor just isn't there compared to IL2's weather and daylight transitions.With that said, I really enjoy using FS9, and can't wait to get my hands on the next version. Every current flight sim has something to offer, and that's what makes this a cool hobby.Tim13