Sign in to follow this  
Guest ranigapc

B200 or F1 Meridian

Guest ranigapc

I would like to get the Aeroworx B200 or F1 Meridian , but which one is easier on frame rates? I have a 2000+,768MB,Geforce4 TI4200 128. Are the guages in both smooth like RealityXP guages?Thank youMy inventory:Realair SF.260Realair ScoutPMDG B1900

Guest cast1010

Booth are about the same on FPS...not much of a hit really. Booth are great planes, very very detailed and accurate in most aspects. The gauges are 110% smooth on the Meridian and I would say 90% on the B200.It's a real tough choice...I would say get both :-lol ...I'm sure you won't be disapointed.Carlos.

Wow! Tough choice. I don't have the B200, but would like to get it. I hear it's a resource hog though. I do have the Piper Meridian, and must say it's a favorite of mine. You get the awesome Reality XP GNS530 GPS, which is a great product. You probably end up buying it to use on your other planes like I did. It makes the default GPS look like a cartoon. The Meridian is a turbo-prop, so it will go fast and high enough for all kinds of trips. The A/P in the Meridian is different than other planes, but that makes it cool I think. It has some different sounds I like, especially the altitude alarm. You can't go wrong with it.I'm sure the B200 is just a neat though. I think the RealAir Scout uses as much resource as the Meridian, but maybe I'm wrong. The Scout is excellent though, no complaints.I'm running a Pentium 4 1.8 GHz, 1 gig RDRAM, and the same video card. The Meridian is smooth.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest oyvindhansen

The Meridian is almost perfect in its simulation of the real panel, and has one of the best 2D panels ever seen in fs. However, If you like flying in the VC the B200 is a much better choice, as the VC in the Meridian isn't really useful. On the other hand The B200 lacks a convincing GPS, it has a default GPS made to look like a GNS430 that won't display in the VC, and needs the separate RealityXP GPS to measure up in this department. I should also mention that I find the panel ergonomics in the Meridian to be much better, as the Beech has popups for everything, and it is also a much more sleek and modern cockpit.The Beech also has a better external visual model, but both are pretty good.Framerates should be about the same. The Beech lets you select three levels of complexity, VC, VC+Cabin and 2D only, while the Meridian lets you select between 32 bit or compressed textures to optimise fps. -

Guest David Lee 2

Not much of a hit?? Both are great but you can tell on a modest system like mine (P4 2.0ghz) that the Meridian is really optimized for performance. It is one of the smoothest planes in my hangar. The B200 is awesome in its depiction of systems and buttons but I find it almost unflyable in VC because of the frame rates - and that's after I've stripped everything I could out of the VC (I use Project Magenta software on different monitors for the flight instruments anyway).David

David Lee the Meridian is as demanding as the PMDG 737NG or Citation X or CS 727 really. It depends on how you set it up especially the gps. If you set it to fine quality and then let it refresh faster so you actually can use it to track it becomes quite a fps hog. Not to say if you choose 32-bit textures. That was on my old 2,3 Gig Barton/9800 PRO system don

>I would like to get the Aeroworx B200 or F1 Meridian , but>which one is easier on frame rates? I have a>2000+,768MB,Geforce4 TI4200 128. Are the guages in both>smooth like RealityXP guages?They're both good. The gauges in both are smooth...and in fact the gauges in the Meridian aren't "like" Reality XP gauges, they *are* RealityXP gauges. RXP did the panel programming for the Meridian.With your modest system specs, operating in VC mode in either is going to be a challenge. The VC is where the B200 really pulls away from the Meridian. The 2D panel is better in the Meridian, unless you have multiple monitors to take advantage of all the pop-up panels in the B200.With your system I would probably go with the Meridian, and disable the VC with a hex edit on the .mdl file to avoid the performance hit of having it there in the background.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>>I would like to get the Aeroworx B200 or F1 Meridian , but>>which one is easier on frame rates? I have a>>2000+,768MB,Geforce4 TI4200 128. Are the guages in both>>smooth like RealityXP guages?>>They're both good. The gauges in both are smooth...and in>fact the gauges in the Meridian aren't "like" Reality XP>gauges, they *are* RealityXP gauges. RXP did the panel>programming for the Meridian.>>With your modest system specs, operating in VC mode in either>is going to be a challenge. The VC is where the B200 really>pulls away from the Meridian. The 2D panel is better in the>Meridian, unless you have multiple monitors to take advantage>of all the pop-up panels in the B200.>>With your system I would probably go with the Meridian, and>disable the VC with a hex edit on the .mdl file to avoid the>performance hit of having it there in the background.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Washington, DC>Interesting if you only want the vc is there a way to disable the 2D to improve performance?

You have picked three excellent planes for your hangar! Adding the Meridian will put a big smile on your face. The panel is the best yet for FS9 and the RXP gauges, including the 350 GPS are totally awesome, as well as smooth..BTW Somewhere in the Avsim forum is my modification to add an invisible panel manager which you may wish to get..

Bert

>The Meridian is almost perfect in its simulation of the real>panel, and has one of the best 2D panels ever seen in fs.>However, If you like flying in the VC the B200 is a much>better choice, as the VC in the Meridian isn't really useful.>On the other hand The B200 lacks a convincing GPS, it has a>default GPS made to look like a GNS430 that won't display in>the VC, and needs the separate RealityXP GPS to measure up in>this department. I should also mention that I find the panel>ergonomics in the Meridian to be much better, as the Beech has>popups for everything, and it is also a much more sleek and>modern cockpit.>>The Beech also has a better external visual model, but both>are pretty good.>>Framerates should be about the same. The Beech lets you select>three levels of complexity, VC, VC+Cabin and 2D only, while>the Meridian lets you select between 32 bit or compressed>textures to optimise fps. >>-

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest ranigapc

Thank you all for your comments. I think I will go with the Meridian for now.

Guest Herrie

Hi Bert,I consider myself an experienced searcher in databases but I did not succeed in finding this panel manager mod for the Meridian. It was literally invisible... Could you give me a hint where to find it?Herrie

Guest ranigapc

I ended up getting the Meridian and I'm very happy with it. Performance-wise, I'm barely noticing any hit, even in the VC.I have one question though. I downloaded a Meridian video where they show the startup sequence. He puts the Fuel Pump switch to Manual and then Ignition to Manual and waits for NG to get up to 14, then hits the Starter button, but in the sim NG remains zero after switching on the Fuel Pump and Ignition. Am I missing something?