Sign in to follow this  
FS++

Voice Control For Majestic Q400 coming soon

Hi

We are pleased to inform MCE users that support for Majestic Dash Q400 will be added soon. It will come as a free update despite taking 2 months hard labor with no SDK to help in the process.

Those who can't wait, can ask for the preview kit.

If you happen to be good at making videos, we'd like to hear from you.

Thank you

Woohoo! Am so glad you guys have this incredible level of programming know-how. A voice first officer for the Q400 will be most welcome!

I may have to check out this MCE now, seeing that you've hired a FO for my Q400.

Is there nothing you can't interface!

FS++ is CCC

Clever

Committed

Considerate

'nuf said.   :lol:

Is there nothing you can't interface!, Great Job.

Thank you.

Yes, there are things which we still can't do, like manipulating the wildlife birds to simulate a bird strike. :P

I had the most fun in the Q400 when the Voice first officer was added. I would just like to say a huge THANK YOU to the FS++ team.

They could charge for every single aircraft they support as a separate package but they dont.

They could refuse to support any aircraft we request unless it comes with an easy interface or an SDK (which basically does all the work of interfacing packaged up) but they dont.

They could charge any amount they wished as they have to code the supported aircraft via the FSX SDK "the hard way" and this, I believe, is about 2 months' hard work, and they give this to us, the MCE users, for free.

And, their support is, in my opinion, second to none.

So, for supporting my hobby in a spectacular way, from a satisfied user of your product, a big THANK YOU.

+100!!   Well said, Will......MCE is the best "addon" (no wait....it's not an ADDON.....) it is one of THE most important SUPPORT software pieces I have for FSX.  It is so well "threaded into" FSX as to seem like it came with the original Flight Sim Software Package!

Agreed that I would pay a fee for each new plane added - but Gerald - you are more than fair to us, and for that I say - Thank you, Sir.

Not to "jump" this thread, but I just got my computer back - needed new power supply.  Decided on a Cooler Master.  I really missed my "baby".

OK - back to flying - can't wait  to try out the Q400 with a CoPilot.

All best,

Ray L. (The Ol' Blackbird)

+100!!   Well said, Will......MCE is the best "addon" (no wait....it's not an ADDON.....) it is one of THE most important SUPPORT software pieces I have for FSX.  It is so well "threaded into" FSX as to seem like it came with the original Flight Sim Software Package!

Agreed that I would pay a fee for each new plane added - but Gerald - you are more than fair to us, and for that I say - Thank you, Sir.

Not to "jump" this thread, but I just got my computer back - needed new power supply.  Decided on a Cooler Master.  I really missed my "baby".

OK - back to flying - can't wait  to try out the Q400 with a CoPilot.

All best,

Ray L. (The Ol' Blackbird)

Thanks Ray.

Make sure you run the application wizard after installing the latest, to ensure the Q400 pre-made scripts are copied to the relevant folder.

Great to hear this! MCE support will surely make Q400 even more enjoyable than it is already... Now if it only had full FScaptain support it would be just perfect. 

Make sure you run the application wizard after installing the latest, to ensure the Q400 pre-made scripts are copied to the relevant folder.

If I run the application wizard, it won't erase any custom modifications to existing voxscripts, will it?  I haven't generally had to back anything up when uninstalling/reinstalling new versions, but I don't think I've run the application wizard recently, so I don't know.

If I run the application wizard, it won't erase any custom modifications to existing voxscripts, will it? I haven't generally had to back anything up when uninstalling/reinstalling new versions, but I don't think I've run the application wizard recently, so I don't know.

No, you won't loose any custom script.

The scripts are saved to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\ folder. Un-installing MCE won't remove them.

When the wizard runs, it only copies new scripts. It will not overwrite scripts of the same name because they could have been edited by the user.

From Gerald....."Make sure you run the application wizard after installing the latest, to ensure the Q400 pre-made scripts are copied to the relevant folder."

Thanks very much, Gerald! I almost always forget to do that.

All best, Ray L ('Bird)

P.S. - latest version (for Q400) works GREAT!!!! Thanks again, Gerald!