Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paragon

ATC vectors post patch

Has anyone else noticed a problem with ATC vectoring your aircraft to final after the 9.1 upgrade?I've never had a problem pre patch but now, ATC seems to get me down to around 10,000 feet and forgets all about me as I meander off into the distance. Tonight on approach to KMCO I took matters into my own hands and ATC picked me up after I decended and turned to final on my own, only at that point did it start giving proper vectors and altitudes to final.I've not changed or added anything post patch.Anyone else?Thanks,Mike T.

Guest Paragon

"The box says no"! - King Zoidberg

Guest ssurjap

I had one instance of that on a missed approach. I don't remember what airport it was, though. I did get the message that I was now VFR, so I just reloaded my FP and asked for IFR clearance.

Hi Mike,To be honest, I don't even use IFR and ATC for vectoring for I find the ATC instructions so ridiculously messed-up that I just stick with VFR/GPS rules and "draw" my own flight plan using the drag and drop of the route (red/pink line) on the map. I use the waypoints on the map and vector my flight plan perfectly to line up with the runway AT THE CORRECT DISTANCE (which ATC may or may not do).Sorry for not being of any more help on this... ;( Please don't :-hang (hang) me... (don't you just love those emoticons!)John

Guest bobsk8

I use the ATC, but I program the FMC on my PMDG 737 and fly the same flight plan, so ATC never tells me to do anything except altitude changes until they start vectoring me for Final Approach. At that point, I deviate from my FMC path and follow ATC. The ATC is not perfect, but usually the vectors to final are OK . No problems since the patch.

Guest Guy Incognito

Glad to see someone else flys the same way I do. I too find ATC vectoring so far from reality. I just use FSNav to fly my fight plans, check the westher (static) at both airports to plan for runways and fly VFR. Though this isn't real either, FSNav does such a great job at flying flight plans I can't live without it.

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

One time I flew a B-52 out of Elmendorf AFB, Alaska....I was heading to the midwest. ATC directed me to about due East, then forgot about me..I flew for an hour until I reloaded the flight plane, they told me to turn north, and again forgot about me.....granted, that was FS8 :)

Guest Guy Incognito

You know, my favorite sim before FS9 was FS98. That was a great sim for it's time. I used a program called Proflight98 which did a great job vectoring you in for final. There was also a little adventure, I forget what is was called, but any time you had the ILS tuned in, it would start vectoring you in. I remember your plane's call sign was always alpha-bravo. FS9 is the best MS release since though atc vectoring hasn't seemed to evolved as much.

Guest gasebah

Why even use vectoring when we finally have the approaches available?Alex