Sign in to follow this  
777Fanatic

When the 777 comes out, where will you fly her?

First official flight, probably between my two main bases - being Heathrow and Dubai. That might be on release day. But will depend what time of the day it gets released. Probably spend a few hours exploring/testing - getting all my settings correct - a panel state for my flights etc.

KMIA-KLAX, with continuing service to YBBN

Robert

KSAN-EGLL

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

KJFK to KLGA

A 10nm flight that will still take 3 hours to complete.

haha...gotta love N90.

Kyle Rodgers

My first flight will be OMDB-EGLL and back with Emirates Skycargo 77L since Emirates stopped using their T7 passenger jets on that route. I just can't believe they chose that flying fat, ugly whale (380) over this beauty (don't quote me I know why they did it). This is the reason I stopped flying with Emirates in real life.

Once the -300ER expansion pack is released, I'll mostly be doing OTBD-EGLL with QTR and back on the 77W. Also an EGLL-OMDB passenger flight on the 77W with BAW. I may sound a bit picky but I like to keep things as realistic as possible.

I just can't believe they chose that flying fat, ugly whale (380) over this beauty (don't quote me I know why they did it).

Route density and cost per seat mile probably.

There was an article in Aero International about how they subbed 10 777 flights with 7 A380 flights and saved something like 20%.

Kyle Rodgers

Route density and cost per seat mile probably.

There was an article in Aero International about how they subbed 10 777 flights with 7 A380 flights and saved something like 20%.

The flights on that route are absolutely packed! I've used the EGLL-OMDB route in all four seasons they are fully packed, there's not a single seat availabe both with BAW, QTR and UAE to my knowledge

With the 380 flights, I believe there's 4 EK1, 3,5 and 29. On return, there's 2,4,6 and 30. So that's 8 in total.

The flights on that route are absolutely packed! I've used the EGLL-OMDB  route in all four seasons they are fully packed, there's not a single seat availabe both with BAW, QTR and UAE to my knowledge

...a testament to the bean counters optimization of the aircraft on the routes, depending on how many people are being turned away on average.

I'm not the biggest fan of Emirates or the A380.  Admittedly for somewhat irrational reasons, at least in a business sense: Emirates comes across as new money with a soft spot for large, shiny things; and the A380 is just kinda stumpy-ugly to me.  I can't really fault them for either because they've turned a profit in 12 of the last 16 years (and have had continual passenger and cargo growth).  It's just my own quirk, I guess.

Kyle Rodgers