Sign in to follow this  
estipi

Alienware m17x r4 low FPS

Thank you Jordan!

I'll try to go with your Nvidia settings.

Regarding the smartassembly - I've found in the forums here that the latesr FSUCIP update 4.90 fixes the problem, and apparently it did for me too....fingers crossed.

Also, I am thinking of changing my HDD to a SSD for FSX purposes. Currently I have an OS SSD 128GB (not enough space for fsx) and a HDD 750 GB....but the HD is slow as hell..... I think running the fsx from a SSD will get it flyin smoothly....

Thank you!

No problem man! I think one day I'll eventually get a SSD or maybe one of those Seagate hybrid drives lol and upgrade my GTX280M to the GTX470M. Hope everything works out for you!

No, no such option I bios, only the OC option, I got confused. Will try ThruttleStop, looking at tutorials on youtube.

Also a strange thing happened, after finishing a flight and trying to close FSX a fatal error occurs now.....  this FSX software just never gets tired of bringing fun into your life does it? :)  I've been finetuning in for the last week!!!! I mean, a whole week!

I have an Alienware M14XR2 and for overclocking, just go to your BIOS and do it there.  There are 3 presets to choose from which are easy as selecting the leveled preset and then saving and rebooting.  I currently run mine at Level 2 and it produces a solid 30fps (framerate limited which helps a lot) with the likes of UT2, FlyTampa airports and REX.  Sure, my laptop sounds as loud as a Cessna when I fly but at least she works. :)

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I have an Alienware M14XR2 and for overclocking, just go to your BIOS and do it there. There are 3 presets to choose from which are easy as selecting the leveled preset and then saving and rebooting. I currently run mine at Level 2 and it produces a solid 30fps (framerate limited which helps a lot) with the likes of UT2, FlyTampa airports and REX. Sure, my laptop sounds as loud as a Cessna when I fly but at least she works. :)

What about the temperatures? Everybody in the forums is warning me not to overclock.....but there would not be an option like that if it would be that dangerous I think.... Do you have extra cooling?   Thanks.

Give this a look, I have put several FSX Tweaks in here.

You can see my system specs just click on the link here in my profile. I am getting amazing FPS, It's all in the tweaks man.

I mean you need a decent system but tweaks make all the difference.

Shots with some of the FPS I am getting These are the Alabeo D-17 Staggerwing / REX Essentials Plus Overdrive / Megascenery X Florida / FlyTampa Tampa RE-Booted running, and The PMDG 738WL with Shockwave 3D Lights / REX Essentials Plus Overdrive / Megascenery X Florida / FlyTampa Tampa RE-Booted running at the same time.

All of my FSX Scenery Sliders are set to max, I have not OC'ed anything on my system. I have seen over 250FPS in the VRS F-18 Superbug with all of the add-ons running.

I will look for those shots but you get the idea.

At7oZ.jpg

xY5Z.jpg

TSo6.jpg

tLYGm.jpg

Nhm5J.jpg

3qC2g.jpg

SpHE.jpg

KLsBn.jpg

KvMSn.jpg

cL7Gh.jpg

Hope this helps. James

tRcyI.png

hi followed  the  tweaks   just went  to  ymml  orbox  airport (gate21) in a ngx  before  the  tweaks   I was only  getting in vc mode  between 7  to  12  fps now  iam getting between 18  to 22 fps on the ground

Havnt  tested  it yet  in the air  as of  yet  this  was  a bench test  since  ymml orbox airport  is  a killer on fps  for me

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Glad to hear Pete.  estipi, thanks!  Please give the tweaks a try, they usually help.  Going on 1700 views with this video and I have only heard positive comments.

A lot of different tweaks in this one some for FSX and for your computer.

And thanks for letting me know if they improve your FSX performance.

James

tRcyI.png

and I have only heard positive comments

Well, I could post a few but then again, I applaud your will to help others out and the effort you clearly put in it so who am I to post something negative!!! :P I do have to say though you really made me laugh out loud when you said at the beginning of the movie 'this is going to be a real short one' and then noticed the video takes 1:09:17. Classic. ^_^ Makes me wonder how long your long video's are! :lol:

Well, I could post a few but then again, I applaud your will to help others out and the effort you clearly put in it so who am I to post something negative!!! :P I do have to say though you really made me laugh out loud when you said at the beginning of the movie 'this is going to be a real short one' and then noticed the video takes 1:09:17. Classic. ^_^ Makes me wonder how long your long video's are! :lol:

Well I did go on and on in that one, you should see one that isn't short....lmao and I thought that was funny as well after I finished it....lol   And yes, so far all of the comments posted on my Youtube page for that video in particular have been positive. I also have more video tutorilas for Installing REX Products.   

I am assuming that you did not see any improvemnet in FSX following the tweaks I listed in it

and actually I would love to hear your comments if they did not help your FSX performance.

that is the only way I can address them and find out why they did not work for you but they did for other people.

I would really like to see a copy of your FSX CFG. and let me have a crack at improving your FSX performance.

Feel free to send me a pm.

Thanks   ~  James

tRcyI.png

James, thanks for the links, they helped A LOT.

I've downloaded the pdf with tweaks and used those cfg settings and tubed them a little bit and then tweaked with venetube again and then tuned again :)

It was very usefull to start this discussion here for me and I would like to thank all contributing fellow flight simers!

I am assuming that you did not see any improvemnet in FSX following the tweaks I listed in it

and actually I would love to hear your comments if they did not help your FSX performance.

that is the only way I can address them and find out why they did not work for you but they did for other people.

I would really like to see a copy of your FSX CFG. and let me have a crack at improving your FSX performance.

Feel free to send me a pm.

Thanks   ~  James

Ah, no, wait, I already knew all the tweaks from the movie: that was one of the negative comments I could have posted, hahaha!  :lol: Apart from some late loading textures (no blurries though) FSX runs fine on my PC. I only use ONE real tweak (bufferpools) and I don't need anymore (I tried and TESTED them all!) but thanks for the offer anyway!

While I am at it: two comments on the movie (apart from the length  B) ):

1. I have the idea your movie is targeted at people who know nothing about tweaking but also not too much about computers and Windows: that's why I personally wouldn't let those kind of users enable the Show hidden files and folders option: this will give them access to a lot of things they really shouldn't get access to...! If I need to show someone how to get access to FSX.cfg I tell them to copy and paste (or type) the following in the Start > search option:

%AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\

This will open the folder where the FSX.cfg is even when the Show option is off (so when everything is hidden). Then I would let them create a copy of the cfg and then a shortcut to it on the desktop (or another convenient location): this way they can open the file with one click. 

You could also copy and paste the following:

%AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

which will open the cfg immediately. Anyway, this is a more safe and very quick method to get access to the cfg imho.  ^_^

2. I personally wouldn't say anything about the Venetubo tool... (so I agree with Paul LOL). I don't believe in it. It's not a tweak, as you put it. It simply ADDS (too much) tweaks! I think it's ALWAYS best to manually add tweaks and always one by one. I am actually surprised you showed it because your video is about manually adding tweaks and then suddenly that tool shows up which almost (sort of) renders all the manual work useless...! Yes, I know some people say performance has improved by using that tool, but then I would say performance would improve even MORE if they removed the crap tweaks and only applied those that actually WORK on their computer!  ^_^

I have to add though that after 15 minutes I started skipping parts so I might have missed something you said about this all LOL  :rolleyes:

I have to agree. Why didn't you turn on suffix? Without it, how do you tell which is FSX.CFG and FSX.TXT? I have seen people tweek the TXT file and say the tweeks did nothing.

I cringed when you told someone who doesn't know the difference between a 32 and 64 bit OS to hack the FSX.EXE file. I am not sure that's permitted, but in any case it is not needed. Acceleration already has the Large Address Aware flag set.

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I started on FSX2 on a IBM286, amber monitor, and 5 1/2 inch floppy drives, one 360 and the other 1.2.

Dave