Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

Flightbeam announces Denver (KDEN)

Hi Mike,I don't think there's any need to be so angry (especially over an addon airport decision). We made a poll to offer the community to make their choice for the next airport. Out of 424 votes, more than 150 of them were made by folks making duplicate fake accounts. Therefore, the poll results are completely invalid. (all the fake votes went to MSP and SLC). We've held polls before, and have had no issues. And believe me.. that was the last time we'll ever be holding a poll :) Next airport will be decided behind closed doors. As I publicly stated on our forums, I was willing to do KSLC only if it leading votes by a significant amount. I put it in my list as candidate airport because it was demanded (I do care about what the customers want) After my audit on fake votes, it turns out both MSP and SLC were on par with RJAA and KDEN. So it didn't win, and I have no reason to make it, considering all the updates I would be forced to do over an 8 year period.Like I also mentioned in a previous facebook statement, we'll never be able to make everyone happy. As soon as we pick one airport, all the fans from XXX airport rush over to our facebook and forums to bash us and threaten us with no future purchases. It's kind of a sad new era of Flight simming. I remember back when almost every customer was happy when ANY addon airport was announced. I buy airports from almost every developer, because I have a passion for this hobby, and even if I don't fly into somewhere such as Dubai, I will purchase to support the community for better coverage and quality.Very best,

I agree. It's a hobby! Slowly becoming enveloped by serial whingers and spoilt brats.

Good for you mate, I support you guys 100%! All your airports are top rate.

I also buy everything from all quality developers knowing that each piece of software improves my fsx environment.

Couldn't give a rats dick where the airports located.

I checked the screens and they look like a FS2004 airport.

Don't take any notice of the Narita progress pics. Fukushima pics were the same and the airport is great.

He will do it justice.

This is just awesome!

I'll be making a trip through Canada and the US this summer.

Flying into KEWR, CYVR, KDEN and KIAD, Flightbeam (and FSDT) is making me a very happy customer to be able to simulate my real life flights with the newest high quality airport add-ons!

Someone up for KEWR :)

Looks like this thing is about to get released any hour. I'm stoked, seems like there was nothing decent recently released to get me excited.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

You need to look a bit harder.. Taxi2Gate has released some very fine scenery recently.  They released KMCO a few months back and it is superior.

System: P3D v5.3HF2 , Intel i9-9900K o/c to 5.1Ghz, Nvidia ASUSGeForce RTX RTX 3090 24GB,  MPG Z390 Gamng Edge mobo, 64Gb G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit

I wonder if it includes any of the area around the airport.  KIAD was excellent.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

LatinVFR released their TJSJ and it is excellent.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Their Promo Video ! Can't wait for the release..

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Just purchased. Flying back to Brisbane from Adelaide. When l get home happy days

It's magnificent scenery...incredible detail with a seemingly minimal framerate hit. And for those who are using FTX Global textures, be sure to download from the Flightbeam site their special blending textures, which integrate the airport seamlessly into the surrounding terrain. A fantastic achievement.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

just purchased! been waiting awhile for this one... once KIAH from FSDT comes out my domestic airports will almost be complete.

Just released and looks great! I note however that the textures are 2048 so I will wait to see what sort of performance hit (if any) this causes before making a purchase, although I can feel it coming as my ImagineSim KDEN needs replacing.

Good to see that the price for this major airport is also very fair - it is of interest to note that at £22.13 it is selling for less than another considerably smaller airport also released today (Santa Barbara KSBA) by Sim720 at £23.75! One sometimes gets the feeling that some developers try to milk this hobby excessively, but IMO they are shooting themselves in the foot, because for that sort of money there is a big choice of recently released major airports available.

Bill