Sign in to follow this  
Guest Id Rather Be Flying

FS2004 Night Time Issues I Am Fixing.

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Hello, I see quite a few people have downloaded my FS2004 Night Time and hopefully MOST people can use it and like it. However, I have gotten a handful of email messages stating they cannot run the program because it cannot find FS9.CFG. I have found this will happen for people that may have Windows installed on their C: drive and Flight Simulator installed on a different drive such as D:. This will also happen for international users who have of course their native language installed.This was an oversight on my part when I was trying to make it easy to install for the user without any directory selection from the user and I do apologize but I will continue working on resolving this as soon as I finish this post. I also received an email with a request which I will implement so that you can decide which airport lighting you would like dimmed or default.That seems to be all I can think of for now and if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to post them here or contact me at cdarmy@hotmail.com.Thanks!Carmine http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/Images/wave.gif

Guest lemonadedrinker

hi. that is a brilliant add-on and many thanks to you::(

Guest j-mo

>... brilliant...Actually... nevermind (interesting word choice!) :-lol :-lol :-lol

Actually - I used the program without problem, have windows xp-sp2 on C: and FS9 in D:MSFSFS9_1 and it figured that out! Just an FYI and thanks for this - my night in shining armour ;) (puns are the darkest form of humour, no?)

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest lemonadedrinker

hi. did i write 'brilliant'? what i typed was much darker and gloomy but the editing program must have altered it. hmmm.

You did a wonderful job with the night texturs Carmine...Thanks for this great update...:-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest captbulldog 2

MY FS is on D: and I didn't have any problem.

Thank you for your hard work in creating a great program! I really enjoy it except most airplanes don't have good quality VCs lit up at night... how can I go back to defaults? I tried the "use defaults" option but my night lighting is still extremely dark. Thanks again and any help would be appreciated.

Guest GabrielR

Excellent work I am using it and it works flawlessly.1 question though:1. If I change the Autogen textures, for those of smaller size offered in the library will I loose the dark autogen features of your program? or they are controlled independently.Thanks again, keep up the good work.

Would somebody be able to help me? Hopefully by tonight! I tried the restore to defaults but I guess I accidentally uninstalled the program before changing it back to defaults. Now I reinstall the program again and set default lighting but everything is still way too dark! I'd like to be able to see the other airplanes parked on the ground, planes next to me sitting at lighted terminals shouldn't have completely black textures. So thats the only thing I want to put back, that and so I can actually see in the VC with airplanes that don't have proper night lighting. Help!

Guest GabrielR

Hi, great job, Can you make a little less saturated version, I mean a midpoint between the defeult lightning and your improved darkened night?I still think that the ACs can be seen somewhat at night in the tarmack.Having 3 different options of night darkening (default, extreme, midway) would be great for everybody.

Carmine, I see you shut off your profile, anyway I was wondering where you are from as I grew up with a " CARMINE DEMORE " and was wondering if you the guy !C. A. PEPE