Sign in to follow this  
lusitano

Loss of scenery

All my default scenery and most add-on scenery has gone. Scenery from select flights scenarios is still present as are all planes. Any Help anyone?   Alan

Are they still activated/checked On in the Scenery Library?

Make sure you can still at least see the names in the scenery folder and if not check to see if the folders themselves are still there.

Many thanks for your interest, yes they activated and all are in the scenery library,.Alan.

Many thanks for your interest, yes they activated and all are in the scenery library,.Alan.

Check if the folders for the scenery are still in the FS9 directory

Take a look in your FS9 root folder for a text file named 'Scenery' with a cfg extension. If that file is missing or it has no entries in it you will have found you problem.

Regards,

Mel

The folders for say uk egll and egkk extreme are present, one like malpensa is there and shows I cant find vfr London,it seems to vary, all uk sceneries folders are there like parts 3 & 4 but nothing show in the sim. If I have to re-install it is the end of flight simming for me, I have been doing it since sub logic but at 84 I think I have had enough! Alan.

Even though the folders are present they may not be properly listed in the scenery.cfg file I mentioned. In which case they would not show up in the simulator. Please open the scenery.cfg text file and take a look at what is or is not listed. Also check within the FS9 UI / Setting / Scenery / Scenery Library to see if your scenery is listed there and a check mark exists in the active line to make them active.

Mel

Iv`e had the same problem and had to go to add scenery and systametically add the missing Airports very annoying.

I now tic empty the scenery rom and this seems to work.

Good luck  :ph34r: