Sign in to follow this  
Guest derrfly

Christmas Presents For A Flight Simmer?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum!I'm putting together my Christmas list and I think I need some ideas!So far I've put down the Edimensional Track IR, The PMDG 737NG, some flight videos and a couple of books. Any more ideas? The rules are 1. No downloads. I want to be able to rip the wrapping paper off on Christmas Day! 2. Must be available in the UK. I don't want to rely on international post. 3. Must be under

As far as books go here are two suggestions: Northstar Over My Shoulder and Starship Diaries. Northstar is about Capt. Buck's journey from biplanes up to 747. Very good book. Starship is about one mans solo flight around the work in a Beechcraft Starship and all of the problems he has encountered. Both are good reads. Northstar is available on Amazon, Starship is available from the authors website [http://www.starshipdiaries.com/]There is also Freeflight about personal air transportation vs. commercial and highlights the Cirrus Aircraft. Amother good investment is joining Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association. For $35US you get a monthly magazine and access to their flight planning website (includes printable charts)EnjoyKevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

TrackIR is a good choice indead. That should definiatly be on the top of the list.otherwise That new addon from shockwaveproductions look like a killer.And IL2 Pacific Fighters looks cool.

Guest derrfly

Hummm, how about these five suggestions1.) Flight 1 ATR72-500, coming in download and CD versions.2.) Any MegaScenery, Southern California, Northern California or New York.3.) British Airports from Just Flight4.) You already have the 737NG on your list, might also suggest PMDG 737-800/900 stand-a-lone CD from Aerosoft (Note: I think the 800/900 looks better and is more used then the 600/700 aircraft, also this package does not require the original NG like the download version). Available end of November.5.) Aerosoft's German Airports I, excellent scenery with great framerates!Just a few suggestions, I think all these packages should be available through Just Flight in the UK by Xmas time. Good Luck!