Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

What happened, PMDG?

I have nothing but admiration for AVSIM and PMDG, and fully understand the action that was taken.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The sad thing is, a lot of these forum members aren't kids; they're grown adults.  It's pathetic. 

I have no doubt that PMDG has been busting their butts trying to get this thing out the door, and to get it out the door as close as perfect as possible.  I honestly wouldn't even be shocked that some people are going to read Robert's post and be annoyed that he took the afternoon off on the 4th of July to be with his family.  I guarantee there's people on this board that thought that.

[...]

Without being disrespectful, I even highly admit the work of PMDG, but :

I look at PMDG as a company. Not as single persons with family like robert. If I as a customer ( and I AM a customer because I bought their past products) wants to see the product they have to show and preview it or at least put every amount of capacity to fulfill the needs of the customer. I dunno in which business you work but in my business(Aviation btw) our customers (other companies) are the kings. If they want something they get it. If they want something now, they get it. Why? Because we can only survive when our customers are happy. Thats just my two cents. If they would not take money for it. I would NEVER EVER push them or anything like that. However I want to show my deepest respect to PMDG as they run a succesfull (small?) company in a very uncertain business. Their ressources are of course limited.

I will be quiet from now on again. Please do not take this message as offense. I just want to highlight a different point of view.

All this whining about waiting is due to just plain ignorance. These people don't have a clue about software design, responsible testing and bringing a product to market that can and must be instantly supported. PMDG puts out some of the greatest software I've ever seen and they rely on an archaic platform to do it. FSX is a 32bit program that hardly supports the DX10 standard and doesn't even come close to DX11. Making an airplane like the T3 fly in FSX is like trying to hit a target at 2,000 yards -- with a flintlock. If we give these guys a break and let them get on with the important stuff the T7 will get here -- but it will only get here when PMDG is sure that it isn't buggy and they can support it. What would you have them do, release the Service Packs first? Vertical Reality Simulations went through the same painful process with the FA18-E for FSX and with their TacPac. They made it and so will PMDG. Keep up the good work guys, your products are superior and your support is the best.

By looking at my profile, you can see that I come from the EXTREME silent crowd. 

My momma taught me, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."  My wife says it with even more clarity, "Build up or shush up."

PMDG, from the extreme silent crowd; Keep up the awesome work and know that many have your back.

George Shimada

George Shimada

I look at PMDG as a company. Not as single persons with family like robert. If I as a customer ( and I AM a customer because I bought their past products) wants to see the product they have to show and preview it or at least put every amount of capacity to fulfill the needs of the customer. I dunno in which business you work but in my business(Aviation btw) our customers (other companies) are the kings. If they want something they get it. If they want something now, they get it. Why? Because we can only survive when our customers are happy.

I agree with you to certain level but one think to remember: it's a game. It's not something you count on to make business and earn money. In real business, whatever it may be, customers want to see the product before buying it because they must know if it will fit they business plan, so yes in RW, sellers or service suppliers owe anything to their customers (or almost).

In simulation world, PMDG owe only the customer service for purchased products, but they don't owe anything regarding preview. We could just wait for the product to be finished and then see if it fit our own "taste" (sorry, it may not the right word).

The way they promote their product by updating on the progress or not is their business and I don't think we have anything to say on this point. As Mr Randazzo said, there are about to turn their 16, showing they don't have a lack of knowledge on this matter.

At least, that is my point of view.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Yep, one of my favorite family vacations was right there at the National Mall.

Next time youre there, take the segway tour.. That will also knock your socks off! So much fun!

By looking at my profile, you can see that I come from the EXTREME silent crowd. 

My momma taught me, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."  My wife says it with even more clarity, "Build up or shush up."

PMDG, from the extreme silent crowd; Keep up the awesome work and know that many have your back.

George Shimada

You could say nicer things more often..  :lol:  LOL

Kacper Nowotynski

I agree with you to certain level but one think to remember: it's a game. It's not something you count on to make business and earn money. In real business, whatever it may be, customers want to see the product before buying it because they must know if it will fit they business plan, so yes in RW, sellers or service suppliers owe anything to their customers (or almost).

In simulation world, PMDG owe only the customer service for purchased products, but they don't owe anything regarding preview. We could just wait for the product to be finished and then see if it fit our own "taste" (sorry, it may not the right word).

The way they promote their product by updating on the progress or not is their business and I don't think we have anything to say on this point. As Mr Randazzo said, there are about to turn their 16, showing they don't have a lack of knowledge on this matter.

At least, that is my point of view.

I have to agree on that as well.I like your explanation that its only a game on our business does not depend on their product. Absolutely true. Well if they didn't preview it at all i would have bought another product until now, so previewing a product is not only for our purpose but also favourable for PMDG.

I leave it with that. It's a game and not hard business. Although I stick with my points, it may not be fully applicable to this case.  

Kevin

I don't know why anyone on AVSIM during the last week or so would be surprised by that type of behavior. The same type of "entitled" user is behind the attempts to shut AVSIM down entirely last week. They do not care for you, the hobby or anyone but themselves. Their behavior gets them banned from here, and they then think it is their calling to shut down AVSIM for everyone. It's a pretty pathetic comment on our community, as I alluded to in my first message in this topic.

Ooops, I sem to have missed a major uproar even though I come to these forums almost daily (although I DO tend to limit my attention to the screenshots forum).

Just let me tell you that I personally appreciate very much the services the avsim staff provide for our community.

Thank you!

Sascha

That's why I agree you to a certain point, Kevin. ^^

You are perfectly right regarding advertising. The only thing I was playing with the words, when we talk about their duty and what they owe or not.

But I agree that previews are a good way to present a product and get customers, not doubt on that.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Wow.... i saw the facebook posts of some users. Some of them was really unfair etc. 

PMDG, i would say that you stop posting some news on facebook..! If you have a new update, just write things like "We got a new update" and the Link to the update. 

I´ll never ask you for a release date. I know that you´ll release an AWESOME aircraft when it´s done!!! Take all the time you need.... really....! ;-)

Greetings from Germany, 

Maurice 

Here's the screenshot again:

777_4th.jpg

Anyone seen complaining in relation to this will get banned, simple as that. This is not an announcement of anything, we're not "jerking chains" - it's just a cool pic I took for the holiday that I thought people would like. I trust that people in this thread (especially knowing what happened earlier) will not do it again. Please don't prove me wrong.

WOW....she´s just a beauty....!!!!! 

Great pic as usual, I don't understand those selfish people who kill the joy for everybody else. In brief avsim should ban these kids, PMDG should block them as well in Facebook. No worries here, they are a minority.

Let's go back now to the prerelease happy, optimistic, respectful atmosphere.

Happy 4th of July from KSA & Lebanon!

This is unfortunate for the PMDG team. We also recently had a slew of personal attacks made on our Facebook page (and forums), especially related to our new airport chosen.

I don't know if this is a recent trend, but in the past I never had to remove so many offensive comments. We also had rampant cheating in our next airport Poll, which never happened before. Like I mentioned in our Facebook page, this type of behavior just makes developers cut themselves away from the public.

Thankfully most users are mature and understanding, and without them we wouldn't be here.

This is unfortunate for the PMDG team. We also recently had a slew of personal attacks made on our Facebook page (and forums), especially related to our new airport chosen.

Not cool.  You did some great work with IAD!  Having worked/flown all sides of that airport, I know the bowels of it like most don't and that new scenery still impressed me!

I don't know if this is a recent trend, but in the past I never had to remove so many offensive comments. We also had rampant cheating in our next airport Poll, which never happened before. Like I mentioned in our Facebook page, this type of behavior just makes developers cut themselves away from the public.

That's unfortunate.  It's disappointing to hear that, especially because my choice of airport lost by only a few votes.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for re-posting, and keep up the good work guys, looking real good!

Cheers

Adam