Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeffg

AS2004.5 overcast???

Has anyone seen a real overcast since upgrading to AS2004.5??? I've done a couple flights to see how the new update handles overcast and I can't seem to produce anything. Once again we have the same situation we have with FS2k4 default weather where everything looks great from the ground but once you get over the haze layer you have clear skies with scattered clouds. I

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest gasebah

Absolutely. I am flying over a closed deck as we speak. And on an earlier flight I found the rain without clouds was fixed. After I climbed out of the clouds the ran stopped immediately. Maye a conincidence but it seemed t work on this last flight.Alex

Hi Dillon,Yes, lots of us are getting overcast. This is a first report. Rain outside of clouds? Do you have extend tstorms layers option ON? If so, turn it off, that is why.Why does wx pop-up? Again a first report. Online and Offline mode do the same during updates, so there is no reason why offline mode would change anything. Have you altered your options much? Might want to go back to defaults and isolate..3 responses to your 2 other threads now in both forums.. please lets move this to our support forum after you review our replies. Thanks! Also it would be much appreciated if any support questions/concerns are placed in our forum only... Currently it is a bit hard to keep track of... Thanks again!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

No problem Damian, I already posted this issue in your support forum. I only asked here because I wanted to see if others and/or how many were having this problem. I won't post anymore on this issue outside your support forum... :-)

FS2020 

Just want to inform everyone out there that I took a flight out of Detroit this evening and the sky was beautiful. AS2004.5 does produce a wonderful overcast. I don't know what was going on yesterday...

FS2020 

Guest flight

Like this? The first four were overcast skies I flew in Texas this afternoon. The first two, and fourth, on top of it. The third one is flying up through it. The last one, number 5, is just what I thought was an impressive pic of some cloud buildup.

Guest jeffg

I flew last night into KSFO and it was very overcast and raining and I broke out about 600agl and it was great looking. Jeffg