Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

Awful FPS after Takeoff

As the title says, I'm getting pretty awful fps right after I got airborne. When flying with the NGX for example, they start to drastically drop from 30 to 5-7. Turning the camera inside the VC towards the overhead panel helps but I'm of course unable to observe the instruments. Thank god there is an autopilot and I don't have to fly manually...

Anyways, the problem often fixes itself as soon as I've left the area around the airport and during the rest of the flight I again get approximately 30 fps.

I've been enjoying FSX despite this problem for quite some time now but any suggestion on how to fix this is greatly appreciated as I often fly manually after takeoff.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Computer specs?

What AI Traffic programs? What is your AI, Road, and AIrport traffic set to in FSX?

Computer specs?

I'd guess the following:

• Processor:Intel Core i7 2600
  • Processor Cores:4
  • Processor Speed:3.8 GHz
  • RAM:8 GB
  • Video Board Manufacturer:Nvidia
  • Video Board Model:GTX560
  • Video Memory:1.2 GB
  • Operating System:Windows 7 64bit

:P

With those specs you should never get a drop to 5-7 fps, so there must be something wrong somewhere. Did you overclock the 2600 btw?

If you have the 2600K version that is pretty simple to do and it can help a lot. I OC-ed my 2500K from 3.3 to 4.6 GHz with just a normal air cooler.

Do you have this at any airport/scenery? How is the drop when flying an other plane?

It might be the clouds, so make sure you install 1024 clouds and not any higher. Don't worry, you probably won't notice quality going down.

Do you use REX? Then make sure you use the DXT5 compressed textures. You can also try the excellent freeware HDEv2 clouds.

But we need more info to actually pin point this problem.

Like Jim said, AI/road traffic etc can have a huge impact on your FPS, so try setting roadtraffic to 5% (0 would be better).

Your AI plane-traffic is a little harder to give advise on, because the slider impact differs between AI add-ons (UT2 / MyTraffic X etc.).

If you don't think any of this helps or you have already tried all that, then you can attach your FSX.cfg here and we can have a look.

I use the 2600 version and haven't overclocked. I've heard overclocking a none-K-version is a rather daring thing to do so I stopped considering overclocking. Actually, I don't even need to overclock as I get decent fps with the settings set pretty high. After the aforementioned problem has vanished of course.

Doesn't matter which airport I depart from or what aircraft I fly, that problem constantly occurs right after takeoff. This also happens when there's no clouds at all btw.

My current settings for AI traffic (I use World of AI) are set to 70% and the ones for road traffic etc. to 5%. It does not improve when those are set to 0.

Good thing is it doesn't happen during landing :rolleyes:

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I get something like that every now and again, and I have no idea why it happens. In fact, I experienced it today when taking off at EGGP Liverpool (UK2000 Xtreme version). I restarted FSX, loaded up the exact same flight, and the framerate was normal this time.

I really don't know why it happens, but it seems to occur when I am close to the sea. That makes me wonder if it is a rendering issue with the water textures that only occurs sporadically...... :unsure:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

it seems to occur when I am close to the sea.

In my case it's unfortunately regardless of the geographical situation at my departure airport. I took off from Phoenix the other day and again, my fps were at about 6.

As the title says, I'm getting pretty awful fps right after I got airborne. When flying with the NGX for example, they start to drastically drop from 30 to 5-7. Turning the camera inside the VC towards the overhead panel helps but I'm of course unable to observe the instruments. Thank god there is an autopilot and I don't have to fly manually...

Anyways, the problem often fixes itself as soon as I've left the area around the airport and during the rest of the flight I again get approximately 30 fps.

I've been enjoying FSX despite this problem for quite some time now but any suggestion on how to fix this is greatly appreciated as I often fly manually after takeoff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU6VJy8t0ao&feature=player_embedded

Check this out  but it might  not  fix  your  problem but I have  gained  another  10 to 15  fps   remember  to back up your  fsx.cfg  before making  changes

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Pete.  Seems my posts keep magically disappearing .....lol    Sad you can't even try to help people here.

tRcyI.png

usually it's the opposite for most people:  bad fps at payware airport and fast fps at FL.

bad fps at payware airport and fast fps at FL.

On the ground at a payware airport like FSDreamteam's Los Angeles while taxiing with the NGX I get about 30 fps, even on final with a view of the surrounding area so I can't complain :lol:. But then again, upon departure, they instantly drop to 5-7 as soon as I'm airborne, mostly for the next 5 or 6 minutes.

You can start a flight, send me the save file, and i will send you back the save on approach, ok?

Then we share the Fraps footage of our flights, put them together and upload it on Youtube and we will both be very happy, lol!

i haven't read all posts sorry. but i used to get same fps drop when i use high water settings with rex sparkling animation. and %100 ai traffic over addon airports. i drop my rex settings to low 2x and set dxt fortmat for water textures, problem has gone.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

You can start a flight, send me the save file, and i will send you back the save on approach, ok?

Then we share the Fraps footage of our flights, put them together and upload it on Youtube and we will both be very happy, lol!

lol :lol:

i haven't read all posts sorry. but i used to get same fps drop when i use high water settings with rex sparkling animation. and %100 ai traffic over addon airports. i drop my rex settings to low 2x and set dxt fortmat for water textures, problem has gone.

As I've said before, the fps also drop when I'm departing an airport that's not close to water, unfortunately. Thanks for your help anyway! :)

I don't know but I got an email about my post was quoted by @derp. It has been 2 years ??

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903