Sign in to follow this  
brucek

NGX Button version updating

I have an issue with the NGX Button version that I see someone else here has written about. The response to the previous post was to update to ver 3.

The issue is when the "Before Start" sequence is started, and the FO gets stalled out with a call "Door Light", even though the NGX doors have been closed through the FMC.

I noted that my version was v2.3E, so proceeded to download the installer. I also have the "FSX Emergency" addon installed. When trying to run the newly downloaded installer, it told me to install the latest version of the "NGX Emergency" addon and that would update the main program- I think I have that correct.

So,I downloaded the lastest "NGX Emergency" addon installer and ran that, but my main program is still at v2.3E, and I still get stalled at the "Door Light" FO call (although I have figured out a work-around for getting around this).

Am I getting it wrong in figuring out how to update the product? FYI, I have just stsrted re-using FS2Crew for the NGX (Button) and am loving it, an't fly the NGX without it....

Thanks, Bruce.

Correct,

If you have Emergency NGX, that's all you download and install.  2.3E is the latest version.

Door Light:  Double check that all doors are closed.  You might have one open.  Pan around the outer model.

You may need to close a door manually if one somehow came open.

Thanks Brian,

I have done the power up from C&D, to (and including) the CL, then saved as an NGX saved state. What I am doing is retrieving that state, manually closing the L1 door, then running the Before Start checklist, when I get the "door light" call and the FO stops there.

What I have now done is saved another NGX state to after the Before Start CL. Now I start at PB/Engine Start and Before Taxi, which works OK.

I am not at my PC and am away for 10 days on vacation, but will look for any open doors when I re-run this after I get home.

Thanks again for all you do for our hobby! Bruce.

Hi Bruce,

It's probably that custom saved situation flight.

I really recommend again using them.  On complex 3rd party planes, they're known to create weird gremlins.

Just use the stock PMDG panel states and you'll be okay.

Cheers,