Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Misc X-plane Shots

I've just tried for almost a week to get X plane to look somewhat even close to that, no way, it ain't happening, whats your rendering settings ??

#####!!!!!  Awesome images...thanks for sharing

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I've just tried for almost a week to get X plane to look somewhat even close to that, no way, it ain't happening, whats your rendering settings ??

Thanks everyone for the comments everyone.

I have a lot of payware and freeware installed. so don't expect default X-plane to look this way out of the box.

The shuttle comes with X-Plane but all the other aircraft are payware, except the fighter in the 1st 2 pics which is freeware.

I have my settings at mid to high. X-plane takes a little time to play around with the different settings to find that sweet spot for your system, A balance between what looks good and frame rate. Same as you would do for FSX, except that XP puts more load on your GPU, and video memory plays a bigger role. Once you understand the rendering settings screen, and which settings will kill FPS and which won't, its easy to get it running well on a wide range of systems. Ive been using XP for a little over a year now, and I'm at the stage now, where I am very comfortable with it.

I'm also using freeware mesh, Cloud and sky textures and Lots of Open Street map data from Simheaven and a bunch of payware airports.  Visit the X-Plane forum if your interested in learning more. Lots of helpful people there will point you in the right direction to get you started.  It is addicting as is FSX. There is a ton of freeware stuff to download and the XP community has been extremely generous and helpful.

There is still a few key things missing from X-Plane, but most of those things are either being worked on or planned down the road. I'm the mean time, I'm learning what I can about it and have been enjoying it a lot.

Rob 

After my 4th of July plans fell through, I spent my day off simming. 

Rob

1_zpsfa096ae1.jpg

8_zps06745af0.jpg

5_zps9d781a07.jpg

7_zpsd84c2a81.jpg

6_zpsf185de47.jpg

8_zps06745af0.jpg

19_zpsa86f45c1.jpg

18_zps71b733b6.jpg

20_zps21aef743.jpg

23_zps9eb682e8.jpg

25_zpse83c1c4b.jpg

9_zpsb8b78481.jpg

12_zps8f2dffe0.jpg

14_zpsa66154e4.jpg

29_zps739fd8b9.jpg

30_zps1e6de08f.jpg

34_zpsd5199493.jpg

36_zpscf7c4e1c.jpg

40_zps8d6fb242.jpg

41_zps19d48fdb.jpg

Good Lord, they look awesome!  Why is it that we all haven't gone to XPlane yet?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Where was the shot of the Stearman taken? Are you using Sabach's HD clouds and sky set?

Excellent pics btw!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Where was the shot of the Stearman taken? Are you using Sabach's HD clouds and sky set?

Excellent pics btw!

That shot was taken somewhere over New Zealand. I dont recall what part, I had been flying around for a while and got lost. Beautiful area though.

Rob