Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Zinertek Ultimate Water Advanced help

I have had Ultimate Water Advance for a long time now and everything worked up until now. Tonight I changed sky textures with REX, then I was going to re install the Ultimate Water textures but when I went to install them it said my main FS9 folder was not found in the windows registry. I can not point the installer to my main FS9 folder because the box is greyed out. Any ideas what is going on? I haven't had any problems with this before.

Just a little update. I downloaded and ran Flight1's FS Registry repair tool, but that didn't help.

Not sure what the problem is.  I've installed Zinertek water several times without this problem.

Try doing a complete install of a REX theme (including water).  Load up FS9, then close it.  Then try installing Zinertek water again.

Just a thought.  I have no idea if it would work.

You can also try to re-download Zinertek water from your account.

Not sure what the problem is.  I've installed Zinertek water several times without this problem.

Try doing a complete install of a REX theme (including water).  Load up FS9, then close it.  Then try installing Zinertek water again.

Just a thought.  I have no idea if it would work.

You can also try to re-download Zinertek water from your account.

I already tried both of those suggestions. Neither worked. I un installed my Tropicalsim Buenos Aires scenery then re installed it to see if that will work and that installed just fine.

I sent a email to Zinertek for help so I hope he will help with this. Until then I did find 2 freeware water replacement textures that look pretty good. One is My Water Project 1.2 and the other is Perfect Water. I will use one of them for now.

Hope everything gets sorted out with Zinertek.  Good to hear you found some replacement water.

If you ever want to try another payware water, check out Real H2O V2.  Blows away the Zinertek water, IMHO.  I used Zinertek water for almost a year and enjoyed it but after Real H2O, I'm done, until they decide to make a newer version.  A lot of extra features not available on Zinertek.  Just a heads up.

Thanks Groovin. That Real H2O v2 looks really nice! If I can not get my Ultimate Water to work I will most likely get H2O v2.

I heard back from Zinertek. They said the exact same thing Groovin said to do. Plus they said to run the Flight1 program I mentioned in my opening post.

I think I have a problem thought, I bought 3 payware things tonight and 2 of them could not find my FS9 directory and the other did not install the files correct. (luckily I was able to install the stuff to a dummy folder and move everything to where it need to go)

I am not really that worried about it though. I September I will be getting a new computer and will have to re-install my FS9 on the new computer anyway. (I will be installing FSX also)

Hi all,

I got the Zinertek Ultimate Water last week and it installed just fine. I must admit the photorealistic water option is the best I have ever seen in FS9. I have tried all the freeware ones some of which are fantastic but the Zinertek Photorealistic one is top of the pops.

Rgds, John

I am not really that worried about it though. I September I will be getting a new computer and will have to re-install my FS9 on the new computer anyway. (I will be installing FSX also)

Maybe you will have even more problems to post here ... that's what often happens when people run FSX and FS2004 on a new system

Good luck !

BTW check your messages box (about registry problem !)

Sorry to hear that. When you're installing multiple add ons, are you booting up FS9 after each install?

I'm not 100% sure, but I remember running into problems with either my FS9 or FSX a year or two ago by installing one add on after another without starting FS9 after each install.

September is not too far away. Good luck on the new PC.

I got it fixed!!! Well I didn't fix it, but my cousin did. He opened regedit and found the FS9 path and showed me that the path was not pointing to my FS9 exe file. It was c:\users\My Documents/New folder\. He changed it to the correct path c:\MSGames\FS2004\

Now I got Ultimate Water to install correctly! And I also re installed my last 3 payware products (which didn't install correct) and they are now getting installed correctly!

It's weird cause I have no idea how the registry got changed. I did not move my FS9 or anything like that.

Well that's great news.  You just saved yourself many hours of frustration, until September that is, when you have to install everything again :wink:.