Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Advice Needed on Some Payware Aircraft

Can anyone give me some feedback on three different payware aircraft that are available for purchase? They all look pretty good but I haven't any information about them other than some customer reviews..

They are:

Skysim DC9... This really looks excellent and I'm very ready to buy it but wanted to see if anyone else has tried it

GlowingHeat SR71 Blackbird...

GlowingHeat B58 Hustler...

Thanks folks...

Ian

Have the Skysim DC9. Excellent add on, but you will need to spend some time in the manual as it is not a hop in and fly aircraft. Will sharpen your basic flying skills. However, well worth the purchase price in my view. 

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Have the Skysim DC9. Excellent add on, but you will need to spend some time in the manual as it is not a hop in and fly aircraft. Will sharpen your basic flying skills. However, well worth the purchase price in my view. 

Thanks Joe. That confirms what the screen shots and promo video seem to be showing. I have been lusting for a new "classic" jetliner for a while - looks like this is going to be the one. Still hoping for some other feedback, especially on the SR71 and B58 which are both quite intriguing.

Before it vanishes, I thought I'd just refresh this thread one time in hope someone else has some feedback on any of the products listed above

Thanks

Ian

Yeah as well you did! I missed it entirely, sorry.

I am the proud owner of that Hustler.

Brilliant model.

I'm told it has very authentic handling: she's a real handful to land.

So much so, that when I did get it right I was forced to make a small clip of the replay!

Now this goes back a bit... found it!

And now you mention it, it's been far too long... cheers for now - supersonically.

Yeah as well you did! I missed it entirely, sorry. I am the proud owner of that Hustler. Brilliant model. I'm told it has very authentic handling: she's a real handful to land. So much so, that when I did get it right I was forced to make a small clip of the replay! Now this goes back a bit... found it!

And now you mention it, it's been far too long... cheers for now - supersonically.

Thank you my friend - the clip was excellent. I think I'm going to go for it, as it's just so "different" and that kind of challenge makes you want to go back and do it again... And if the B58 is good, I suspect the SR71 is even more so, as it looks like the modeler did it after the B58 and has improved things. But I will start off the B-58.

Joe, I haven't forgotten your recommendation of the DC-9 and that's on my "buy" list as well

Cheers guys

Ian

Just bear in mind that this is not a 2013 model, so it's about the feel of the thing rather than nitpicking eye candy!

I went back and had a fly, and confirm I am totally influenced by the experience of a Mach 2 heavy.

The Valkyrie does the same for me.  

I also failed to take off let alone land the thing, and remember now the admiration I had for those crews flying this delta wing beast.   

After watching the above video, I purchased the B58. As advertised, it is not an easy aircraft to fly. Managed to get it in the air and get it back on the ground but it was not pretty. Will take LOTS of practice to get anywhere close to good with this thing. Still worth the purchase price, and I got an additional 10% off today at PC Aviator. You can't go wrong here Ian!

Regards,

Joe Esposito

I got the B-58 and I agree with all the above comments. Definitely a beast to fly - comparable almost to landing on a carrier in the degree of precision needed to fly it by the numbers and the potential for small mistakes to become major disasters!!!

LOADS of fun. :Party:

It's true that the panel and VC are not comparable to today's products but they're good enough for it to be very immersive and it actually has some very clever systems programming...

Worth every penny - definitely an overlooked gem IMO... Now I'm looking at the SR-71 with a gleam in my eye!!!

Glad you're enjoying it... and looking forward to your comments on the SR-71!

There's a very *very* fine line between cruising along faster than a speeding bullet - and falling out of the sky, I believe.

And its fuel tanks sweat.

Whew.