Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

Route planner

http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

When  using  this  when entering  Phnl to Klas it gives me  a route of  over 10000 kms  which  takes me the long way round for some reason.  Where as if I use another  Route planner being  vroute it gives me the right  distance and route etc.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Are you using the NAT facility correctly? If not, you will be sent around the Atlantic rather than across it. HTH.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

What ever  I  try to do, its  all the same  distance  over  10000kms  , I disabled nats, tried the reverse plan no luck,  have you got it  to work?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Can't wait for PFPX!....

(It's not kms its nms). I'm getting that as well. Using FSCommander get 2483nm

You are right, Peter. Most peculiar. Feedback to RouteFinder is the only recourse.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Can't wait for PFPX!....

Yea if  it ever  comes  out

(It's not kms its nms). I'm getting that as well. Using FSCommander get 2483nm

lol yea  just realised my error 

Peter kelberg

One time it took my YMML-KLAX route up through asia, canada and alaska

It doesn't take the pacific routes well.

Are you using the NAT facility correctly? If not, you will be sent around the Atlantic rather than across it. HTH.

http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

When  using  this  when entering  Phnl to Klas it gives me  a route of  over 10000 kms  which  takes me the long way round for some reason.  Where as if I use another  Route planner being  vroute it gives me the right  distance and route etc.

Assuming it is PHNL to KLAX (Honolulu to Los Angeles), we don't talk about NAT (North Atlantic Tracks) but PACOTS (Pacific Organized Track System). rfinder doesn't seem to deal with these pacific tracks, hence it will try by all means to build a "conventional" route no matter what it takes in terms of time and detour.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Assuming it is PHNL to KLAX (Honolulu to Los Angeles), we don't talk about NAT (North Atlantic Tracks) but PACOTS (Pacific Organized Track System). rfinder doesn't seem to deal with these pacific tracks, hence it will try by all means to build a "conventional" route no matter what it takes in terms of time and detour.

Thx  for heads up on this

Peter kelberg

However earlier versions of AIRAC on FSC show both high and low routes through the Pacific. If on RouteFinder you choose one of the earlier databases (for example 0903) it will build a more or less correct flight plan, though it will be outdated and can cause conflicts with current AIRAC.

Hi,

I personally have a couple of software that you can find on the market, and I use them all together because I think each of them actually brings something special....Here is a video I did (not perfect) but that could help you a bit....if you have some questions, don't hesitate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5GgfGgzf8s

Have a good day !