Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pete_auau

Route planner

http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

When  using  this  when entering  Phnl to Klas it gives me  a route of  over 10000 kms  which  takes me the long way round for some reason.  Where as if I use another  Route planner being  vroute it gives me the right  distance and route etc.

What ever  I  try to do, its  all the same  distance  over  10000kms  , I disabled nats, tried the reverse plan no luck,  have you got it  to work?

Can't wait for PFPX!....

(It's not kms its nms). I'm getting that as well. Using FSCommander get 2483nm

Can't wait for PFPX!....

Yea if  it ever  comes  out

(It's not kms its nms). I'm getting that as well. Using FSCommander get 2483nm

lol yea  just realised my error 

One time it took my YMML-KLAX route up through asia, canada and alaska

It doesn't take the pacific routes well.

Are you using the NAT facility correctly? If not, you will be sent around the Atlantic rather than across it. HTH.

http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

When  using  this  when entering  Phnl to Klas it gives me  a route of  over 10000 kms  which  takes me the long way round for some reason.  Where as if I use another  Route planner being  vroute it gives me the right  distance and route etc.

Assuming it is PHNL to KLAX (Honolulu to Los Angeles), we don't talk about NAT (North Atlantic Tracks) but PACOTS (Pacific Organized Track System). rfinder doesn't seem to deal with these pacific tracks, hence it will try by all means to build a "conventional" route no matter what it takes in terms of time and detour.

Assuming it is PHNL to KLAX (Honolulu to Los Angeles), we don't talk about NAT (North Atlantic Tracks) but PACOTS (Pacific Organized Track System). rfinder doesn't seem to deal with these pacific tracks, hence it will try by all means to build a "conventional" route no matter what it takes in terms of time and detour.

Thx  for heads up on this

However earlier versions of AIRAC on FSC show both high and low routes through the Pacific. If on RouteFinder you choose one of the earlier databases (for example 0903) it will build a more or less correct flight plan, though it will be outdated and can cause conflicts with current AIRAC.

Hi,

I personally have a couple of software that you can find on the market, and I use them all together because I think each of them actually brings something special....Here is a video I did (not perfect) but that could help you a bit....if you have some questions, don't hesitate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5GgfGgzf8s

Have a good day !

FlightAware, or do it yourself.  There's no better way.

FlightAware's routes take into account changes in the route structure, current traffic management initiatives, weather, wind, and so on.  If you're flying a real world route anywhere close to the real world flight, then there's no better way.

Doing it yourself is the next best thing.  With sites like SkyVector now covering the whole world, it's a lot quicker and a lot more accurate than a lot of these "planners" that can often give you some canned route from years ago (or give you routes that make no sense).

Routing yourself is actually rather easy, and there is a tutorial in my sig.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.