Sign in to follow this  
vanam

FlightOne's Ground Environment (GEX) and Ultimate Terrain (UTX)

I want to install both programs for replacing the default FSX scenery. I doubt which program first to install. Who knows the correct

order of install ?

That question has been answered just yesterday by J van E :smile::

There is no specific order in which addons HAVE to be installed in order to work. People usually don't buy add ons in a specific order so it would be VERY odd if they had to be installed in a specific order... ^_^ Having said that: if you do own GEX and UTX already, it's more convenient to first install UTX and then GEX because GEX has some options that make them both work together better. It's not mandatory, because if you buy UTX after buying and installing GEX you STILL will have the option to make the necessary changes, but it simply is more convenient if you already own both. But other then that, you can install every addon in any order, just as you can buy them in any order. ^_^

Quoted from "For a new clean install, is it a good idea to install BOTH GEX & UTX?"

You might also want to consider a landclass program too.  Cloud 9 X-class is my fave, but Scenery-Tech (available from Flight1) is also good.  I have to admit to being unable to find a sales site for Cloud 9 after a brief search though.  Landclass is kind of like icing on the cake and works well with UTX & GEX

I allways thought UTX was "landclass"?

I have UTX and GEX and I have also added a mesh product called FSGlobal to get terrain altitudes to be more correct than wih the original mesh.

23.png

I allways thought UTX was "landclass"?

That's what I thought, too.

Not exactly.  Although the differences can at first appear subtle, there are indeed distinct differences between the three programs .  UTX and GEX are vastly superior to default no doubt, but as I said, Landclass is the icing on the cake, and relatively cheap too.  I am pressed for time today, perhaps someone else will step in and get into the differences.

That's what I thought, too.

It is, primarily for the urban landclass, however Scenery Tech and Cloud 9 have more sophisticated vegetation and rural landclasses because they are dedicated products while UTX does so much more, like add detailed roads, river and coastline polygons.

To have them work with UTX is layer the Scenery Tech or Cloud 9 landclasses between the Urban and Vegetation entries in the scenery.cfg via the settings menu in FSX.

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

Very interesting, thanks both, I'll look into this. Incredible what nuggets one can pick up here ;)

23.png

It is, primarily for the urban landclass, however Scenery Tech and Cloud 9 have more sophisticated vegetation and rural landclasses because they are dedicated products

Just got back home and thanks to Anthony Vos for bailing me out so well.   Landclass is kind of one of those things that if you never install it you won't miss it, but if you install it you will wonder how you ever got along without it.