Sign in to follow this  
bukeyolacan

Which airports you will buy after FTX Global is out?

I am thinking about getting some airports in Asia region so I wanted to ask which airports you are thinking about buying after FTX Global is out. It will make a lots of difference compared to default FSX textures so lots of people would want to fly to different regions. My choice is Chubu Centrair for now. What do you have in your mind?

I'm aiming for FlyTampa's Kai Tak, looking forward to some flights around there.

Chubu Centrair is a great add-on (as are all products from Pacific Island Simulations), and also nearby there is a good addon airport for Fukushima, available on Simmarket.

I've seen quite a few really great freeware Russian airports, they'll be on the list - I plan on giving my AN-2 lots of room to roam! :lol:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I am also considering Aerosim Kansai because it is a very large international airport and it can handle 777. Between Chubu and this, I should make a choice.

I have no interest in FTXGlobal, but it would be nice if it did spur new airport designs since you guys seem to think it will be a game changer.

Hope everyone disables their landclass addons that many installed when FSX came out to place the default texture classes in more appropriate areas or FTXGlobal will likely be off.

Best, Michael

KDFW

FTX global will just use the same texture calls as default fsx in most places,  so not sure why anyone would need to disable third party LC since they use those same calls.  only exception I could think of would be asia where they have the new tex and lc.  I plan on testing all my LC addons when it comes out.

FTX actually promotes use of LC. Not sure why anyone would disable it.

I think people kinda are missing what FTX Global is.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Once it's out, if all regions can be used at once, i'll purchase all regions. Then, as i'll be broke, one airport at a time :P

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Love FTX but I wont buy this for some time if ever. It is not going to be like the FTX regions we know and love so it is bound to disappoint!

FTX actually promotes use of LC. Not sure why anyone would disable it.

I think people kinda are missing what FTX Global is.

It's my understanding this is mostly new textures (with associated autogen), and also more diversity thru new landclass definitions than default upon initial release with more features coming later. If so, then the landclass products that simply replaced the prevalent default desert textures with another landclass will do the same thing with FTXGlobal textures and if the texture is different you will probably see funky results.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Land class is not textures.

Orbx is just replacing the textures that it sits on, like a layered cake.

It will prove no more problems than people who use land class with GEX and UTX. Just it's from a different company and instead of overwhelming repeated textures there will be world coverage and a whole bunch of diversity.

I will buy no airport addons at all after getting FTXG. I don't plan on buying addon airports for quite some time, really. I recently reinstalled FSX and most of my addons were left uninstalled. I installed a few basic addons, freeware Norway scenery and one plane and that's it. For now I like my FSX setup clean and simple. FTGX will improve the overall quality of FSX and that'll do for a long while, I hope. I'm a bit done with spending too much money on this hobby. ^_^

Just it's from a different company and instead of overwhelming repeated textures there will be world coverage and a whole bunch of diversity.

Yeah so basically FTX Global is just like GEX with just different look, really the repetitiveness doesn't disappear anywhere although it might look less annoying with better looking textures. (other than new autogen textures which I think GEX doesn't have, I could be wrong though).

Check out their site and the preview picks. It looks way different and better IMO. While it is no Photoreal, which is the only way you will get 100% realism, it is a step ahead.

I am no Orbx ######, and own GEX, but I am looking forward to this release. My GEX Washington looks like my backyard in Georgia. That kills it for me.

###### was bleeped out? Lol