Sign in to follow this  
bukeyolacan

Which airports you will buy after FTX Global is out?

Yeah at least it seems like they are really working on improving textures and also making landclass changes to Southeast Asia which looks horrible by default, more like Southern Europe than place with a lot of tropical rainforests. 

I think I might start flying more around Asia when this comes out. 

I agree it definitely looks way better than GEX. 

From the tons of previews that they've been showing on the FTX forum, I've went from being mildly / almost interested to being absolutely sure of purchasing ASAP. The improved textures look really great, and what they've done with night lighting with no performance hit looks very exciting as well.

Even with default landclass and vectors, it still looks like it'll open up a lot more of the world to being quite a bit more believable. I plan on taking some trips to areas that look pretty bad in regions not currently touched by addons!

Also, the bulk of my flying is in my home province, Alberta (Canada), and it'll be nice to finally have some east-west flights that won't be such an immersion breaking jolt crossing that NRM / default "border".

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

All your existing LC products will work 100% as before, they'll just be calling our new replacement textures that's all.

Additionally we have unlocked all the dormant meshing tiles so all textures will blend using logical borders like roads, fences, fields, houses, buildings etc. ACES shipped FSX with non-matching FS9 meshing tiles (can you believe that?!!!) which creates the ugly mess you see when two different classes of textures adjoin each other. So FTXG will look a lot more cohesive than default, and also gets night lighting.

We will ship a base openLC pack with FTXG to remove some of the MS/ACES 'deserts' and obvious lack of love for Asia, but that LC will call custom textures from a separate, dedicated folder.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Additionally we have unlocked all the dormant meshing tiles so all textures will blend using logical borders like roads, fences, fields, houses, buildings etc. ACES shipped FSX with non-matching FS9 meshing tiles (can you believe that?!!!)

Coming from MS i can see that happening. And these are good news, better blending sure needs to happen in FSX.

I heard there is the strong possibility of all ORBX areas can live peacefully together, is this going to take place, can we fly seamlessly from UK to NA, NA to AU without swapping regions?

Thanks

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I notice that the original question in the thread has gotten lost - what airports are we going to buy?  In my case I intend to buy some of the new ORBX airports announced for the UK (Southampton, e.g.) and I  will purchase most of the France VFR airports.  I will look at what's available elsewhere in Europe, as I fly mostly to-from UK to the continent.

Sent from my ordinary run-of-the-mill computer.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

back on topic. Pacific simulations http://islandsim.com/ make very nice airports and wait for it...no impact on frames even when using PMDG products! okay maybe 2 or 3fps but thats it and trust me I have lots of ORBX so I know about frames hits, so now I focus elswhere

What else is out there??

ZORAN

I will probably buy some more Asian airports as FTX Global finally makes Southeast Asia flyable, before it simply looked so bad I couldn't force myself to fly there much. 

Probably I will get something from Onet Valley, in the past when I used FSPassengers I had trouble with their airports & FSX crash detection but now with FSCaptain I'm not using crash detection anymore so they should be okay now.