Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

Want the most realistic vc view. WideViewAspect= True or False?

Hello everyone!

I want the most realistic VC view. I red that some people set the WideViewAspect entry in FSX cfg to "True". I have a 22 " Display and a resolution of 1920 x 1080. Should i set the WideViewAspect value to "True"? 

Can you tell me which zoom factor should i set to get the view of real 737 NG pilots? 

Thank you for your help!

Hello everyone!

I want the most realistic VC view. I red that some people set the WideViewAspect entry in FSX cfg to "True". I have a 22 " Display and a resolution of 1920 x 1080. Should i set the WideViewAspect value to "True"?

Can you tell me which zoom factor should i set to get the view of real 737 NG pilots?

Thank you for your help!

Yes - this should be set to true.

Hard to say what zoom factor as it depends on where you start zooming from in the VC (your camera can be anchored anywhere). I have mine zoomed at 0.54 with the viewpoint starting at head height just infront of the headrest. This is as close as I can get it to looking like it does when im in the 737 sim at work. But recreating what a human eye can see in a virtual world is notoriously difficult. Just find something your happy with/that you can fly well and dont worry too much about how close to realism it is - you could spend days fiddling and still not be close to real life depending on how you sit in the real aircraft, which is often slightly different each time anyway.

8810606320_2c3850ba59_c.jpg

I use wideviewaspect=true and a zoom factor of 0.80, because the outside view is most realistic with this. See the virtual cockpit as realistic as possible is difficult because even in the real cockpit you won't really see your instruments and the windshield at the same time. Your head will slightly move up and down between the different focuses. 

Regards, always three greens and happy landings,

Max

Aerospace Engineer and Private Pilot
TriStarbanner_zpsefe0294f.jpg
Flightdiary

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your help!

We designed it with WideViewAspect=True set. Honestly something much more zoomed approaching 1.0 is closest to the real life view you get - your field of view in the real aircraft is very constrained vs. what I see most people running in FSX. I have to disagree with Elliot about zooming way out to 0.5 or whatever - you cannot see the entire cockpit in one field of view like that in the real thing. I found this out the hard way in the simulator I flew last year when I left the speedbrakes out all the way through landing because I was looking out the window and not down at the indicator light that would have told me it was there. With the usual views people set in FSX you can see the outside view *and* virtually the entire cockpit all at once. This isn't realistic at all - in real life you have to develop a scan pattern where you go from looking outside to looking down at the PFD and ND and then back etc over and over.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

We designed it with WideViewAspect=True set. 

Is FSX that by default or do I need to change anything?

Is FSX that by default or do I need to change anything?

No, it isn't. Unless you used some auto tweak tool or something like that.

I noticed a slight increase in frame rate when I changed it to true. I don't know if it was a coincidence, and it also wasn't that significant.

Pedro Espindola

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own2_378x68.jpg

You do need a scan pattern in the real thing. Its also much easier to do in the real thing - you just move your head. Unfortunately in FSX its not that easy (unless you spend money on trackIR). Ill double check next time im in the sim, but im pretty sure when you include your peripheral vision you can see most of the instruments and windscreen (just not enough to accurately see hence the need for scanning). 

I could be wrong though, maybe I have just subconsciously told myself this when setting up my views in FSX to make it easier! Ill have to check again.

I'm 100% with Tabs on this one. I don't fly the 737 in real life but the other airliners I have flown are quite constrained with the views and you have to develop a scan. Zooming out isn't realistic at all and just looks like you're flying from the jumpseat, lol. I have my NGX at .80 zoom and use my hat switch to pan around. I find that pretty realistic. I also don't use any of the tracIR or Ezdoc. I only use FSPS Real 3d Cockpit for shaking and eye level effects.

RiceySpicey,

I know what you mean. The other day I made sure to take a good mental note on my views, head movements and even the shaking while on takeoff and landing. Just to make sure my views were as realistic as possible. I know that when I'm PF I can kinda see about half of the captains panel through my peripheral vision. But that's brurry hence the scan.

Reik Namreg

I only use FSPS Real 3d Cockpit for shaking and eye level effects.

Does the shaking feel more realistic than say opus ? what are the "eye level" effects ?

Thanks

FYI 90% of the time I use the mouse+spacebar to pan around - I find that a surprising number of simmers don't know about this feature in FSX. I have a TrackIR and EZCA and Opus and all of that, but most of the time when I don't feel like getting that stuff all set up, I just use the mouse - functions exactly like "mouselook" in a first person shooter game.

777 is fixing this zoomed out with huge windows look btw too, we spent a crazy amount of time getting the view right. It's much more constrained out the front and looks very close to what you actually see sitting in the seat.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

FYI 90% of the time I use the mouse+spacebar to pan around - I find that a surprising number of simmers don't know about this feature in FSX. I have a TrackIR and EZCA and Opus and all of that, but most of the time when I don't feel like getting that stuff all set up, I just use the mouse - functions exactly like "mouselook" in a first person shooter game.

777 is fixing this zoomed out with huge windows look btw too, we spent a crazy amount of time getting the view right. It's much more constrained out the front and looks very close to what you actually see sitting in the seat.

Awesome news. Regarding the view points - I only use EZDOK to save my seat position then disable and use space bar/joystick hat switch. Too much hassle with the other stuff and not worth it for me personally. Ezdok good for doing a walk around though - which I will every B777 flight (-:

The F1 Pilatus PC12 has a plate and three balls on the windscreen centre pillar. Aligning the balls gets the eye point in the correct position. From there one can play around with zooming from the correct starting point. IMHO all sim aircraft should have this gizmo as it makes set up so much easier and consistent.

Gordon

P.S. 50% zoom wideview off for me. 

I use this too. Is there anyway to configure FSX so that the mouse is always the look tool without having to hold down the spacebar? Save a hand or a finger that could be used on the yoke! Would make it easier to look around on approaches

1.0 zoom is the most accurate and use Ezdok for adjusting position

1y329d.jpg