Sign in to follow this  
Quasartone

Repaint PMDG 737-800 winglets / PSD-->DDS

Hi, 

i just start my first paint, and got a quick question : 

-I can paint winglets creating a new layer in winglet folder (Master psd file), i apply my design on that layer in Multiply mode (located on the top of the winglet folder), is it the right manner to do ? 

-As the Tail painting, shall i apply the winglets painting in a another PSD file which is not the master file ? 

-About converting file : I have Photoshop CS5, can i convert in DDS, how  to do that ? 

Thanks for your support.

I'm also a painting n00b. For export to dds I use the Nvidia plugin: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

Note they have 32 or 64 bit, depending on your version of PS, I use the 32 bit version. When exporting, I use DXT5 and No Mips.

Yes, it looks like for the winglets you would select and copy sections using the guides and the winglets part goes to the third fuselage psd. Check the included PDF file for the details.

Whether to add a new layer and which blending mode is up to you I think, you could paint in the layer that is already in the kit or add layers.

I highly recommend the DanTrix repainting video series on YouTube, which uses the 737-800 paint kit.

Barry Friedman