Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Enabling the 3d knobs for RXP GNS

I'm also having issues with certain buttons and knobs, particularly the bottom right knob is kind of off. Is there a fix for this? Also the screen seems to be cut off on the right and left edges slightly as well.

How do you guys access the Menu to adjust the reflections, it says in the manual to hit SHIFT+F4 but when I do that, nothing shows up.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

How do you guys access the Menu to adjust the reflections, it says in the manual to hit SHIFT+F4 but when I do that, nothing shows up.

Hi Aaron,

Try shift+4 and not F4. I have mine set on Shift+3.

Mr Bert

Everything working fine, except I notice that when I hover over the RIGHT INNER wheel I get a small ballon pop up stating "CHANGE PAGES WITH GROUP" this I am not able to do. I get the orange arrow thing on the outer knob and able to change pages etc but when I select a certain group I cannot select pages within that group.

Aaron, as you can tell from the beginning of this thread, I am not happy with Carenado's RXP installation...

So "certain issues" is exactly why I went the tortuous route explained above.. "fix" no, workaround, yes.

As for shift+4 it should work... not shift+F4

Mr Bert

Everything working fine, except I notice that when I hover over the RIGHT INNER wheel I get a small ballon pop up stating "CHANGE PAGES WITH GROUP" this I am not able to do. I get the orange arrow thing on the outer knob and able to change pages etc but when I select a certain group I cannot select pages within that group.

The only way I have found to use the right inner knob, is via the LUA/FSUIPC program.. or using the popup GNS.

If you go the LUA route, you can remove the sections for the Group (right outer) knob as well as the FRAC/WHOLE (left) knob, since they

can be operated by the "orange arrows" as you have found.

Bert

or using the popup GNS.

That is what I have done as well. But how do you go about doing through FSUIPC?  (I have a reg version) Saying that I haven't even got a F13 key

530_RKNOBI_L=SHIFT+CTRL+f12

530_RKNOBI_R=SHIFT+CTRL+f13

Thanks for your help on this matter

Oops I'm sorry, I meant SHIFT-4 doesn't do anything for me.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

or using the popup GNS.

But how do you go about doing it through FSUIPC?  (I have a reg version) Saying that I haven't even got a F13 key. and FSUIPC does not recognize the shift key

But how do you go about doing it through FSUIPC?  (I have a reg version) Saying that I haven't even got a F13 key. and FSUIPC does not recognize the shift key

As I explained above, you need to code a LUA program to generate the keystrokes.

The LUA program watches the L-variables in the Carenado model and reacts when the L-variable

changes in value.

Or, you can choose any other key combination.  One you can enter from your keyboard - as a test.

Bert

If you go the LUA route, you can remove the sections for the Group (right outer) knob as well as the FRAC/WHOLE (left) knob, since they

can be operated by the "orange arrows" as you have found.

Even better and more user friendly, is to use the actual 3d knobs and only code the ones that need translation.

As it turns out, the frequency knobs issue the FSX frequency command which is also picked up by the RXP GNS

(in default bi-directional mode).

I was getting "stuck" Windows keys after shutting down FSX, so here is the latest version:

in the rxpgns.ini file:

530_LKNOBPUSH=f19
530_RKNOBO_L=f20
530_RKNOBO_R=f21
530_RKNOBI_L=f22
530_RKNOBI_R=f23
530_RKNOBPUSH=f24

in the lua file:

-- Read knobs on GNS530 for CT206,  Version 9

-- Initialize

if GPS_init ~= 1 then
G_PAGE=0
G_GROUPS=0
GPS_init=1
end

while 1 do
if ipc.readLvar("L:GPS_CLICK_FRAC") ~= 0 then
ipc.keypress(130,8)
ipc.writeLvar("L:GPS_CLICK_FRAC", 0)
ipc.sleep(100)
end
if ipc.readLvar("L:GPS_GROUPS") < G_GROUPS then
ipc.keypress(131,8)
G_GROUPS=ipc.readLvar("L:GPS_GROUPS")
ipc.sleep(100)
end
if ipc.readLvar("L:GPS_GROUPS") > G_GROUPS then
ipc.keypress(132,8)
G_GROUPS=ipc.readLvar("L:GPS_GROUPS")
ipc.sleep(100)
end
if ipc.readLvar("L:GPS_PAGE") < G_PAGE then
ipc.keypress(133,8)
G_PAGE = ipc.readLvar("L:GPS_PAGE")
ipc.sleep(100)
end
if ipc.readLvar("L:GPS_PAGE") > G_PAGE then
ipc.keypress(134,8)
G_PAGE = ipc.readLvar("L:GPS_PAGE")
ipc.sleep(100)
end
if ipc.readLvar("L:GPS_CLICK_PAGE") ~= 0 then
ipc.keypress(135,8)
ipc.writeLvar("L:GPS_CLICK_PAGE", 0)
ipc.sleep(100)
end
ipc.sleep(100)
end

Bert

If you are following this, I should mention that I also went into the model and fixed the knobs incorrectly flipping to 357 when turned left, so that is why I have dropped those lines from the lua code.  If you are running the standard model, you will still need them..

Bert