Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

Flight 3rd party addon update thread.

Figured I would start a new thread on this, to keep it all in 1 place. 

Just to bring new visiters up to speed, stonelance and I are work ing a set of tools that will allow 3rd party's to convert BASIC aircraft from FSX into Flight.  These tools will be limite and will only work on non-complex aircraft (single engine prop, possible multi-engine prop).  This tool will NOT work with any aircraft that requires external DLL to work, like most 3rd party aircraft in FSX, and no glass panels.  Its also possible to export DEFAULT FSX aircraft into Flight.  This is a work in progress, and things are developing rapidly.  This is being done WITH the blessing from Microsoft, with some restrictions.  More on that later. 

The first 3rd party aircraft being put into Flight is the KC Flight Shop Republic Seabee.  This will be a FREE "Delux" aircraft, and is being used for testing.  If your interested in flying the Seabee in FSX, you can buy it on Aerosoft http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,6496239010,D12766 or my web page at www.kcflightshop.com

Now on with the eye candy!!!!

1003096_10152984424675006_791813713_n.jp

67802_10152984423480006_1955529144_n.jpg

971489_10152984423500006_945902006_n.jpg

942666_10152984423495006_1680869153_n.jp

• Upvote 5

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I request a pinned thread. This is amazing! Cockpit panelling could used some polish though.

Pinned.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Good luck guys.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Well, I must say the FSX model looks great and is a lot of fun to fly. Can't wait to try out the MS Flight version!

Steve

I like it! B)   Looks great. Thanks to the guys who are hard at work.

Best regards.

Luis

@MvGibbage  & @Stonelance

I don't wanna sound too excited...about helping you test this out on MS Flight.

:p0503: I wanna test I wanna test I wanna test I wanna test.....lol :p0503:

let me know a.s.a.p. how I can...

Thanks,

-fryer

It may be a few months before the Seabee is released.  There is still a lot of work to be done!  It may look nice right now in Flight, but there is a lot going on in the background thats not working yet.  Like animations, gauges, flight model and so on.  Also Stone is not working on just exporting the Seabee, but TOOLS to allow 3rd party's to export aircraft FROM FSX into Flight.  The Seabee is just the testing tool.  Its very possible that default FSX aircraft could be imported into Flight, but there are im sure licensing issues to be concerned with.  Also Flight does NOT use 2D gauges, but the default aircraft make extensive use of them.  We may need to limit the tools to just 3rd party aircraft only. 

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Kevin, thanks for the update and the info. Nice to know the status of your work (and of course Stone) up to now.

May I ask one question along these lines? At some point will you and Stone begin working on adding TOOLS to allow/import/convert FSX scenery into Flight? It would be nice to know that this may be possible at some future time, and provide some hope that the scenery world of Flight might be expanded.

Thanks, and thanks again for the hard work!

Ken

The GOAL of this project is to bring TOOLS into the community that will allow 3rd party's to bring in aircraft, or export FSX aircraft into Flight.  The Seabee is just a test aircraft for the tools.  So hopefully, one day, Stone can release the tools into the community, and hopefully developers pick up on it.  The question will be if there are enough people still flying Flight to attract developers into the ecosystem. 

Kevin, thanks for the update and the info. Nice to know the status of your work (and of course Stone) up to now.

May I ask one question along these lines? At some point will you and Stone begin working on adding TOOLS to allow/import/convert FSX scenery into Flight? It would be nice to know that this may be possible at some future time, and provide some hope that the scenery world of Flight might be expanded.

Thanks, and thanks again for the hard work!

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Having just recently tried flight I was VERY impressed. It looks beautiful, smooth, exactly what FS11 should have been.

This sim, with the features of FSX such as AI, ATC and world coverage, 64bit, would be the perfect modern successor to FSX.

Good work trying to improve the experience for those who find enjoyment in the platform.