Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

Flight 3rd party addon update thread.

Anything is possible. You just need to time, effort, and resources. The enthusiasm here is making my dream of becoming an Aerospace Engineer very difficult, as I also just want to become a video game developer, and maybe create a new Flight Sim from scratch. This is in a good way. I have so many career options to choose anyway. I can go into any engineering industry, a computer science industry, an aviation industry, and an accounting industry.

I think this just gives me more courage just to try harder, though all the major courses I have to take are all starting in February.

• Upvote 1

I'm rubbish, I cannot believe I've completely missed this thread to date. Kevin, Stonelance, you guys are amazing. Well done.

Wish I could help in any small way. It feels like the pioneering spirit and with that anything can be achieved.

Wow, this is so cool, I recently reinstalled Flight after getting tired of tweaking the mess out of FSX, major props.  Can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread.

I'm sad now also cause I on a slightly unrelated note, I can't get the carbon cub deluxe since the store is shutdown for good :(

Flight was the first game where I really felt like I was literally flying through a fluid and got immeresed in the feeling of flying.

The 2D panel support was removed from the engine, so you wouldn't be able to get the 6 pack up natively in the same way as FSX.  The only thing I could think of is an external app, or overlay window.

Any progress with the 3rd Party Addons? I know you're trying your best. I'm just trying to be patient. I know it's hard.

No, I have been busy at work and on vacation, so I haven't had time to work on it in the last 2-3 months.  The only time I did spend was to make sure that once xlive goes down my tools will still be useful.  Now that you can't buy DLC any more I am thinking about removing some restrictions on the tools and including some spbcompiler like features.

I would like to help test if possible. I know that I'm a little young to be asking for this, but right now, I such an easy first half of the year, and I want to get myself drunk with things other than air cadets, and tutoring.

I took coop, and it's in the first half of the year for me. I found out that I learn pretty quickly.

MVGibbage, on 13 Aug 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

buy the Flight code, and turn it back into its original format.

and how much MS would want to sell the code if dont mind me asking ?

At minimum, whatever loss they reported (with interest) when the project was terminated.

Quick test of using the tools to convert a jet from FSX. The jet turbines are converted into prop and piston engines, so they aren't going to be very accurate, but at least I know the model can be converted. There are issues with the twin engine and jet conversion. Right now at full throttle it just slowly spins in circles.

This is a problem, if jets can't function in MSFlight (requiring McGyver-ed props), that greatly limits the ability to open the sim up (lack of jet offerings was what kept most of the FSX community away.)

The twin prop problem is also an issue (certainly explains why MS only focused on single props.) It may be a hardcode issue, and it casts doubt that four engine aircraft could even fly (not talking 747, but four prop planes like DC-6)

MVGibbage, on 13 Aug 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

buy the Flight code, and turn it back into its original format.

and how much MS would want to sell the code if dont mind me asking ?

At minimum, whatever loss they reported (with interest) when the project was terminated.

Quick test of using the tools to convert a jet from FSX. The jet turbines are converted into prop and piston engines, so they aren't going to be very accurate, but at least I know the model can be converted. There are issues with the twin engine and jet conversion. Right now at full throttle it just slowly spins in circles.

This is a problem, if jets can't function in MSFlight (requiring McGyver-ed props), that greatly limits the ability to open the sim up (lack of jet offerings was what kept most of the FSX community away.)

The twin prop problem is also an issue (certainly explains why MS only focused on single props.) It may be a hardcode issue, and it casts doubt that four engine aircraft could even fly (not talking 747, but four prop planes like DC-6)

Hello guys, here are more good news for all pilots. Aircreation 582 L Trike ultralight aircraft addon now available, converted from FS Tester using Flight Toolkit. Thanks a lot for his great work and all other guys who helped him.

Enjoy, Best regards, Oscar

(Thanks to Steff for this post format, it's a good one)

link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnlX-fSOb3OagXN-RbwmgAOb7J6t

• Upvote 1

Hello guys, here are more good news for all pilots. Aircreation 582 L Trike ultralight aircraft addon now available, converted from FS Tester using Flight Toolkit. Thanks a lot for his great work and all other guys who helped him.

Enjoy, Best regards, Oscar

(Thanks to Steff for this post format, it's a good one)

Thanks for posting this here, I tested it and it works great. There only seems to be a light stutter in the engine sound from time to time, but then again it's probably pretty hard to convert the sound files into the new Flight format.

Hi Guys,

The Beta v2 Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight FlightAddon have been released.

Changes from Beta v1:

• The sounds have been modified to remove the stuttering reported by Oscar Martinez.
  • Five new liveries have been added: Black, Green, Orange, Purple and Rainbow

You can download the Beta v2 Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight FlightAddon from the following link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnlX-fSOb3OagXTTBMBZlB6hns-y
There should be no need to uninstall Beta v1 - Addon Manager will uninstall it for you when it installs Beta v2.

Enjoy it.

• Upvote 1

Hey Guys. The good news have not finish. Watch this from FS-Tester:

Hi folks,
It has been a busy month at the FS Tester Hangar. Below is a link to a short movie showing the next aircraft that I plan to role out into the Microsoft Flight world: The Extra 300s.

There is still a lot of work to be done before the aircraft becomes available: I need to create the checklists and sounds, as well as refine textures and the aerodynamics, among other things.

I did not spend a lot of time creating the movie - it's just a few saved video files linked together, but gives you an idea of what the Extra will be like when released.

Here is the link: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnlX-fSOb3OagXUo_kOU01CPds39

Enjoy!
FS-Tester

Just a reminder:

Beechcraft Baron 58 aircraft and Maule M-7-260C Ski edition are now available directly from within the Flight Toolkit Addon Manager!

Oscar.

EXTRA Extra 300S Beta v1 for MS Flight Released!

Hi folks,
I'm pleased to announce the availability of the EXTRA Flugzeugproduktions- und Vertriebs- GmbH Extra 300S for Microsoft Flight (Beta v1) addon. This is a free download. The aircraft is a conversion of the default Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) Extra 300S.

This addon consists of:

Interior and exterior models of the Extra 300S aircraft.

Five liveries (textures) that have been converted from FSX (Flight Instruction, Blue & White, Patty Wagstaff, Red Bull and White), plus three new liveries: Blue & Black, Midnight Black and Red Stripes.

Dependencies:

In order to install this addon, you must have previously installed the latest Flight Toolkit, available from http://flighttoolkit.com. At the time of this Beta1 release (February 2017), it is version 1.1.31.
This application is required in order to allow Microsoft Flight to recognize and run 3rd-party addons.

Aircraft Installation:

If you have not installed a Flight Toolkit addon before, please see the following webpage for instructions on how to do so: http://flighttoolkit.com/?page_id=24

Download location:
You can download the Beta1 Extra 300S FlightAddon from the following link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnlX-fSOb3OagXmRV-mqtk0yOj2H

The readme file that will be displayed when you install the aircraft using the Addon Manager program included in the Flight Toolkit provides detailed information on some of the features in this aircraft:

Mouse-enabled XML Gauges. Unlike my previous aircraft (Beech Baron 58 and Aircreation 582SL Trike Ultralight), the converted FSX XML gauges can now be operated using your mouse.

Two aircraft configurations: One for normal and one for aerobatic flight.

Improved functionality for the G-Meter (max/min needles and working reset button); a dual-tone stall-warning horn, and two types of smoke system.

Regards,
FS-Tester

I'm reprinting this post with author permission,

Oscar.

• Upvote 1