Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Asiana B-777 Reported Down At KSFO

Ró, he clearly hit part of the fuselage on the rock wall at the shoreline about 150' right of centerline--the debris field and skid trail begins right there, and there's a piece of the acft in the water just short of that point of impact. To be that low and that far off centerline seems odd...undoubtably it'll be some time before we find out why, but he did hit the shore wall with part of the acft clearly below runway level.

Regards

Oh yeh, clearly he hit something, but it was much much much more likely to have hit the landing gear on the rocks and not the tail. 

My rough theory would be that he hit the gear on the rocks, sudden deceleration caused by that slapped the aircraft onto terra-firma, if the tail was still over the rocks at that stage it could have hit them, but the likey hood it hit them just by coming in with excessive pitch is slim in my opinion.

Also the reason for him landing short is not yet known, and could be many things.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

"Emergency services repeated ALL occupants have been accounted for in response to media reports that two people have been killed and said, these reports are untrue."

-avherald

NTSB is holding a conference at 5:30pm ET so some questions will be answered there hopefully.

Hunter Rogers

Anyone notice the slats look deployed but flaps are retracted?

Rob Prest

Also the reason for him landing short is not yet known, and could be many things.

Landing that short and if you are right, the wheels hitting the berm first, then he must of been using the POM for the seaplane variant. B)

Seriously, the one eye witness interviewed who watched the plane land indicated that the gear were down and not sheared away upon actual touch down, which I would have imagined one or both would have been when striking the berm.

Landing that short and if you are right, the wheels hitting the berm first, then he must of been using the POM for the seaplane variant. B)

Seriously, the one eye witness interviewed who watched the plane land indicated that the gear were down and not sheared away upon actual touch down, which I would have imagined one or both would have been when striking the berm.

Your not talking about the same eyewitness that saw the plane cartwheel down the runway are you?  His credibility is shot with me... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Your not talking about the same eyewitness that saw the plane cartwheel down the runway are you?  His credibility is shot with me... 

No, this guy appears to have actually known what he was talking about...

Your not talking about the same eyewitness that saw the plane cartwheel down the runway are you? His credibility is shot with me...

From my understanding the plane didn't cartwheel but it spun 180 degrees down the runway.

Hunter Rogers

ILS is not an issue judging by the weather in the pic.

ILS was unavailable:

A1056/13 (SFO 06/005) - QIGAS NAV ILS RWY 28L GP U/S. 01 JUN 14:00 2013 UNTIL 22 AUG 23:59 2013. CREATED: 01 JUN 13:41 2013

Marc ter Heide

I'm going to suggest the least spectacular explanation most disappointing to the shock horror media (formerly known as news): landing gear failure or maybe even just tire blowout after touchdown.

Still hope everyone is safe.

I'm going to suggest the least spectacular explanation most disappointing to the shock horror media (formerly known as news): landing gear failure or maybe even just tire blowout after touchdown.

Still hope everyone is safe.

That doesn't explain the debris field that starts at the rocky shoreline 

planecrash_zps14f0db73.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

It's good to hear @rsrandazzo pov on this, since he deeply knows the 777.

Guys based on a recent report on CNN by someone on the aircraft, the person said that "immediately he knew something was wrong. The angle off attack was very high, and the pilot tried to correct this by raising the noise, but the back hit the runway". This to me sounds as if he was coming in too slow? Furthermore i went to flightware to check on its flight profile:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAR214/history/20130706/0730Z/RKSI/KSFO/tracklog. I was shocked to see the aircraft at 400ft @ 134 knots and furthermore 200ft @ 85 knots. I didnt really believe this so too kinda validate this I went looked at many other flights profiles and all seemed normal as example from this one http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1722/history/20130706/1920Z/KDTW/KBOS/tracklog.

I am not any big aviation expert and I know is very too early to determine anything, and alot of factors could cause it but do yall think this is possible?

Jonathon James