Sign in to follow this  
Kailiang Seah

Plane wun keep straight when take off

My plane just keep drifting to the left or right on take off. It wun maintain runway center line. Any one have this problem ? 

Hi ryan :D Am using the logitech extreme 3d even its unplug it still happen.

I changed the setting in fsx realism to easy and it din happen anymore. Am using the Airbus extended for testing.  

I wonder if i set it to easy mode will it affect other planes? mostly importantly the 777 :) 

EDIT: I track down the problem it is the general setting under realism. So if i set the general to easy in the realism setting will it affect my planes? cause it stated overall plane model  ?

It is normal for the aircraft to drift to one side or the other if there is a crosswind. Realism settings won't affect this. You need to correct with rudder - focus on the end of the runway and try to keep it straight (if you try and look at the centreline right in front of you, you will overcorrect).

No if I set realism general to easy this doesn't happen 

This is because it is dumbing down the flight model and making it unrealistic. Having the sliders set to easy is not really recommended when using high end addons like PMDG. 

You have a twist grip joystick so making rudder inputs is simple. Infact, you are using the same joystick I did for years so I know how well it works. 

David summed it up nicely. based on a wide variety of environmental and mechanical factors the aircraft will not stay completely straight on the runway without a bit of pilot input. The tip to look ahead to the end of the runway is valid and actually what you are taught to do when learning to fly real planes. 

To sum up, correcting the aircraft's trajectory is just as important on the ground as it is in the air, probably more so, and is a basic piloting skill that you should learn. You have the tools to do so.  Think of it in the same way your car won't stay straight on the road and you have to make minor adjustments to stay in your lane.

Hi thanks for dropping by. But the drifting is ridiculous i can go all the off runway and with some real life video i dun see any big ad adjust to the rudder too. Please correct me if am wrong

Hi thanks for dropping by. But the drifting is ridiculous i can go all the off runway and with some real life video i dun see any big ad adjust to the rudder too. Please correct me if am wrong

They do make corrections with the rudder, but they are normally not large.

If the drifting is as bad as you say then it sounds like something is off in your setup. It would be best for us to help you if you could make a video.

Yup i try by tonight ! 1 with realism general easy and 1 with hard mode and i dun do anything to the joystick.

100knts i will end the video

I have it as well. I can set full throttle and even without winds, my plane will start drifting to the left very slightly. Also happens with autorudder and rudder pedals unplugged. I think it's a similar phenomenon as the so-called P-factor in GA aircraft. Perhaps this even happens with two engines because of the direction the engines spin?

If you drive a car down the runway with your hands off the wheel, you will also end up in the ditch.. This is real world behavior - you have to steer the plane :huh:

However, calibrating your joystick first is definitely recommended, just like sending your car in for wheel alignment..

Bert

All setting is on hard and i din touch the controls at all. The only thing i did to my joystick is press the reset to default button and nothing else.

And the weather on the lower right hand side ( raining) is taken from opus real world data. And the bigger one ( no rain clear sky no wind ) fsx clear sky. I think its solve thank guys

You need to correct for that... My piper doesn't go in a straight line down the runway in the RW lol. Watch a few 777 take offs and you can clearly see rudder inputs a fair bit.

All setting is on hard and i din touch the controls at all. The only thing i did to my joystick is press the reset to default button and nothing else.

And the weather on the lower right hand side ( raining) is taken from opus real world data. And the bigger one ( no rain clear sky no wind ) fsx clear sky. I think its solve thank guys

you gotta be kidding me... of course the plane will go into the wind it's simple physics. it wont stay right in the middle unless the conditions are perfect with the two engines producing the same thrust.