Sign in to follow this  
SWDT

Virtualcol ATR-42

Anyone tried the newly released ATR-42 from Virtualcol?

I purhcased the Dornier 328 which externally and internally was a dissapointment but the external doesn't seem to bad on this, certainly for £7.

Obviously the interior is lacking, but I was fairly impressed with the Jetstream 31 they did last year.

http://www.virtualcol.com/shop/tvirtual.php?modulo=detalleprod.php&id_producto=82

Nah.....

This looks pretty bad (specifically the exterior model). It is priced at only $10.50(US) like all other VirtualCol planes, which seems fair for the others, but not this one.

I might get this if it doesn't eat all the fuel from only one tank like their last product did. I don't mind low quality exterior model but that one truly was something intolerable. 

The Dornier 328's exterior model was pretty good but let down by some awful texture work.

I had to redo all the bump maps on the model. For me, they had not been created properly.

Sent an email to the developers about it on several occasions, that, and highlingting the terrible smoothing errors on the exterior. Received no response at all.

Judging by the pictures, they've not made the same errors on the model.

The engine shape on the ATR42 is completely wrong. Looks messy but am desperate for an ATR...

The Dornier 328's exterior model was pretty good but let down by some awful texture work.

I had to redo all the bump maps on the model. For me, they had not been created properly.

Sent an email to the developers about it on several occasions, that, and highlingting the terrible smoothing errors on the exterior. Received no response at all.

Judging by the pictures, they've not made the same errors on the model.

The engine shape on the ATR42 is completely wrong. Looks messy but am desperate for an ATR...

If so, get Flight1 ATR, there is no better ATR for FSX/FS9 http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=atr1

Today virtualcol published a modification of the model and mapping and they published new screenshots. I think that's better.

The Flight 1 ATR is old, very old.. however they worked with ATR in making it a sim packed as possible, and its great to fly. I wish Flight 1 would make an ATR-600 Model.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I bought ATR42 today and isn't bad. Certainly isn't flight1 but I think that's global trade: If I have money to purchase a ferrari I will buy ferrari, not renault. Additionally I request to support about to change instruments for others mine and they sent to me "Panel Kit", where is located all instruments in virtual cockpit so I can to put instruments of flight1 to this model using PANEL STUDIO and perfect!  The sound is same of the last model dornier but I like it because is good turboprop sound.

The dinamyc is good, and in this model they corrected the problem of darkening the textures aside. I don't know... but for few money isn't bad option.