Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Error message GlideSlope

I did the flight London,Gatwick to Amsterdam according to the PMDG tutorial and verything went fine.

After that I made a flight plan Zurich-Geneva and performed the flight as described in the above

tutorial.

To my surprise I get a message "glide slope,glide slope" prior to touchdown.This is an autoland.

Does anybody have an idea how to get rid of this message and what the cause could be ?

Sincerely

H.Werni

Herbert Werni

.......and how were you positioned on the glideslope ?

Peter

Peter Schluter

.......and how were you positioned on the glideslope ?

Peter

Don't quite understand the question.How can I see how I am positioned on the glideslope ?

Herbert

Herbert Werni

How can I see how I am positioned on the glideslope ?

The glideslope indicator on the PFD.  Oage 470 of the FCOM (v2), pointer #3.

Kyle Rodgers

The glideslope indicator on the PFD.  Oage 470 of the FCOM (v2), pointer #3.

Thanks.Good info.I know one should study and understand the manuals before flying.Unfortunately that

could take years...

Herbert Werni

The manuals are there for reference.  All I did was hit CTRL+F and search for "glide" so that I could find a picture of it for you.

...but it seems that you're in the wrong subforum.  AMS-ZUR is the tutorial for the MD-11, not the NGX.  This is the NGX subforum, so that's why I just gave you a reference to the NGX manual.  I'd have to find a reference in the MD-11 manual to show you a more accurate picture.

You should not receive this error if you are flying the approach properly (or following the tutorial to the letter).  A screenshot of what you're doing would be immensely helpful.

Kyle Rodgers

AMS-ZUR is the tutorial for the MD-11, not the NGX.

I think he is flying the NGX, LGW-AMS followed by ZRH-GVA is not the same as AMS-ZRH.

What I think he meant was that he used the techniques as described in the tutorial (LGW-AMS) to fly from ZRH-GVA.

I think he is flying the NGX, LGW-AMS followed by ZRH-GVA is not the same as AMS-ZRH.

What I think he meant was that he used the techniques as described in the tutorial (LGW-AMS) to fly from ZRH-GVA.

That's right.

Herbert Werni

What was your speed on G/S interception? If it's too high, there's a chance the NGX can't follow the G/S correctly.

Speed was 200 knots which should be ok.

Herbert Werni

WHat was your altitude when you intercepted the glideslope?  Was the magenta bar above or below the glideslope when you intercepted it?  You have to intercept the glideslope from below the indicator?  A photo would be a real help.

Rob

200 kias is too fast. You should be aiming for 160 at GS capture.

Peter

Peter Schluter

200 kias is too fast. You should be aiming for 160 at GS capture.

Peter

On the tutorial flight London Gatwick to Amsterdam ( Tutorial #1 ) the G/S is also captured at 200 + knots

and there is no problem.

On my flight Zurich-Geneva all parameters are the same as Gatwick to Amsterdam.( Fuel,cargo,

flaps etc etc ) Everything goes well to between 50 to 100 feet before the Geneva rwy and then

comes the message glide slope,glide slope

Herbert Werni