Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Error message GlideSlope

A screenshot pls. from exactly that situation - 100 ft AGL. PFD and FMA clearly visible.

Attached is a screen shot at the moment I get the glide slope message.In the mean time I did a ILS landing on

the opposite side of the rwy ( rwy 05 ) without any problem.

But to rwy 23 I cannot make it work.I also noticed that the speed is not coming down fast enough and gets stuck

at 225 knots.Sometimes I wonder if it is a computer problem.

Herbert Werni

Attached is a screen shot at the moment I get the glide slope message.In the mean time I did a ILS landing on

the opposite side of the rwy ( rwy 05 ) without any problem.

But to rwy 23 I cannot make it work.I also noticed that the speed is not coming down fast enough and gets stuck

at 225 knots.Sometimes I wonder if it is a computer problem.

I'm not exactly sure, but your screenshot shows you're on a G/P (glidepath) and not on an ILS. On an ILS the FMA would show G/S (glideslope) instead of G/P.

I'd try the approach again, make sure I select the ILS type of approach in the CDU and set both NAV receivers to the ILS frequency.

I'm not exactly sure, but your screenshot shows you're on a G/P (glidepath) and not on an ILS. On an ILS the FMA would show G/S (glideslope) instead of G/P.

I'd try the approach again, make sure I select the ILS type of approach in the CDU and set both NAV receivers to the ILS frequency.

I will try again but is is strange that it works from Gatwick to Amsterdam with the same settings.

Next question: I do not know if you do some simulator flying and if so,I wonder if you could do this

short,30 min flight and see what kind of results you get.

If so I could send you my flight plan and the CDU settings.

Herbert Werni

In the mean time I did a ILS landing[ ...[

ILS approach to autoland.

Sorry, but after this last Asiana accident, I'm trying to kill this idea that ILS is required for landings and pilots are reliant on it as such.

Kyle Rodgers

I might try your flight this evening (CEST).

Can you check your LSGG scenery in FSX to find out whether there's only a LOC signal or also a G/S signal for rwy23?

From the charts it looks like a full ILS but I'm not sure whether the G/S was there already when FSX was released or whether it was added later. If you have an addon LSGG it's probably the full ILS anyway.

ILS approach to autoland.

Sorry, but after this last Asiana accident, I'm trying to kill this idea that ILS is required for landings and pilots are reliant on it as such.

Sadly enough, it looks like too many RW pilots can't get along without the ILS indications. With cheaper tickets, cheaper airlines and cheaper pilots/pilot training the advantage of RW pilots over armchair "pilots" is decreasing ...

Next question: I do not know if you do some simulator flying and if so,I wonder if you could do this short,30 min flight and see what kind of results you get.

I forgot to add this into my last post:

I'll give it a shot in a few when I get a break.

Sadly enough, it looks like too many RW pilots rely on the ILS indications. With cheaper tickets, cheaper airlines and cheaper pilots/pilot training the advantage of RW pilots over armchair "pilots" is decreasing ...

Not sure where the cheaper training you're referring to is, but I'm assuming you're referring to airlines sending their guys over here to the pilot mills for grooming and certificates at whatever cost.  I'll agree with that.

While I'm convinced there's a little over reliance on automation, I really don't think people are that reliant on ILS as much as the simmers/public are lead to believe.  Heck, if I was, I'd be dead.  The runway I land on most has no instrument guidance, and the PAPI was out for about a year (and I flew a ton that year).  I know the airline guys will tune it in for the extra backup if it's available (and because controllers will also occasionally use the LOC as an aid in stacking visual approaches), but I really don't think reliance is the right word...yet...

...or perhaps this is me:

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

Carry on...haha.

Kyle Rodgers

I will try again but is is strange that it works from Gatwick to Amsterdam with the same settings.

Next question: I do not know if you do some simulator flying and if so,I wonder if you could do this

short,30 min flight and see what kind of results you get.

If so I could send you my flight plan and the CDU settings.

I would have a read through this thread which covers a similar issue and may answer your question:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/348034-ian-approach/

I will have a go at the flight this evening and see what happens.

Cheers

Paul

Paul Hand

Just did  the  flight  and had no troubles

4x8ec.jpg

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4x8ec.jpg

4x8ec.jpg

Here are my data for this flight:

Departure: LSZH,rwy 32,SID Wil2M

Arrival:      LSGG,Star Ulme1R,ILS23,Trans: SPR Frequency : 109.9  / 225

Fuel: 1/3  Cargo: 1500 lbs in front and 1500 lbs at back

FuelRes: 5  CostIndex : 25  Alt  14000

Take off: Flaps 5  Landing : Flaps 30  Trim 4.45

Glideslope intercept at 7000 feet ( See Navigraph chart )

Weather : Used Defined,no winds

Herbert Werni

Your airport scenery is different, Pete( r ). Any possibility the G/S is not in the default scenery, but in the addon airport only?

This can be checked in FSX map.

Or topic starter pressed APP to soon, before he sees glideslope deviation poiner. That arms G/P.

ny possibility the G/S is not in the default scenery, but in the addon airport only?

Negative - I'm flying it right now and checked my scenery prior to departure.  The runway is listed as ILS in FSX, and I'm on default scenery over in Europe (don't fly there much, clearly...)

EDIT:

Just finished.  Everything went fine for me too.  Check to be sure you're following the tutorial to the letter and you should be okay.

Kyle Rodgers

This can be checked in FSX map.

Or topic starter pressed APP to soon, before he sees glideslope deviation poiner. That arms G/P.

Confirmed - I have the G/S indications in default scenery, too.

This should narrow it to rsvit's advice ...

Affirm - arming approach when the LOC is received but before the GS is received arms the LOC/G/P mode that the OP had. This only allows a single channel approach. I have just tried the Rwy23 approach into default LSGG and get the same GS warning just before the a/p disarms. The IAN GP does follow exactly the ILS GS trajectory until very close to the runway when the two would seem to diverge enough to create the warning.

Cheers

Paul

Paul Hand

I shall join you in fighting the good fight.

To the OP: So much is evident: the problem lies in that your airplane decided to do IAN instead of proper ILS. Now, as to why THAT happened, hard to say. We really need a Black Box for PMDG. Well, maybe I will get to it some day.