Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

PMDG Crashing

Twice, I've gone through about fifty pages of a pre-flight check list when FSX crashes. The first time , I noticed Cumulus X and Winch X were on automatically from when the Discus is flying. Could they be the culprit? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I could disable them, but if you think it could be something else, let me know. I would hate to go through this again. When it crashes , it goes back to the beginning, when you first turn FSX on.

I downloaded "free file" , but so far can't get it to work. Files is one of my weaknesses.

Do I have to wait for it to crash in order to use it?

No, AppCrashView reads all applications crash logs. Just start it and search for FSX entries entries(you will see FSX icon). Search for recent logs(there is a date and time for all logs)and post a few of the latest logs. Just copy/paste

Hi,

You say it crashed when you are sat at the gate during pre-flight checks? This means it is something loading or updating while you are sat still.

Mostly, this will be: weather updates; traffic updates; ATC updates or AI/vehicle updates.

I'm not familiar wiith either cumulusX nor WinchX. Are you able to disable them at simulator level or are they called automatically every time FSX starts? If you can disable them, do so and see if it still does it. best way of troubleshooting a weird isue like this is to strip back and try it bald, so to speak.

I only ask as sometimes (a lot with FSX) a crash dump doesn't have a lot of useful user-friendly useable information. Like it just says that FSX.exe crashed, or PMDG_DLL.dll etc etc. If it says the crash was caused by g3d.dll it is probably a graphic engine crash while perhaps loading a new set of clouds or similar, but these tend to happen while in flight. Do you have FSUIPC? If so, this has a "crash-catcher" that stops most g3d.dll crashes in their tracks.

Try saving your old fsx.cfg somewhere and deleting it and letting FSX build you a new one and see if it still crashes. This may be a total waste of time, but it is a step I myself would try.

What plane are you in when it happens?

best

jake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I'm in the PMDG 737 NX when it occurs. What I would like to do is disable some programs everytime I use this plane. I remember seeing a place on my computer a long time ago where it can be done. Can someone tell me where that can be found and which programs to disable that might help the cause?

You do need to be VERY careful when disabling certain programs. Some, like Flexnet Licensing Service, is required for the 737 NGX to work AT ALL! Other programs are important for system based items. PMDG suggests that nobody use anything to get rid of external processes. 

The programs that I was thinking of disabling would be my AVG anti virus , etc.

Yes you can disable  your  avg  or  you can  exclude  the  scanning of  your  fsx  by  your  avg  by going in your avg  settings options

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

But seriously, I doubt this is your AV. I forget to disable my AV all the time and it doesnt do this.

There is a program called Alacrity, written by Ken Salter, which you'll find here, but again, I don't think it is that, either. If it;s happening after c. 30 mins, it's most probably being caused by something being loaded in the background.

You can try disabling your AV with Alacrity but you're better off taking Peter's advice above and selectively excluding your whole FSX folder, and especially the PMDG one within from scanning by AVG.

Did you see the error message? Whether it says fsx.exe, or whatever may be helpful but may not.

best

jake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Disable the CumulusX and WinchX and do a flight, it's the only two variables that you explained. I don't think turning off external processes is going to do anything.

Error    7/11/2013 9:10:27 PM    Application Error    1000    (100)Log Name:      Application

***************************   I once again started my check list for my PMDG 737-800 NX and was into it for about ten minutes when my G.F talked me into going outside and sitting in our new sky chairs (  very comfortable ). I was out there for about twenty minutes when I decided to go back in and continue the check list. FSX had already crashed. It referted back to the very beginning when you first log into FSX. There were no pop up Error messages. This is the third time this has happened. At first I thought it was Winch X and Cumulus X causing the problem, so I had already un-installed them. Here is some data from the Event Viewer. I hope this will shed some light. Thanks
Source:        Application Error
Date:          7/11/2013 9:10:27 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Dan
Description:
Faulting application name: EZCA.exe, version: 1.1.7.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xf6a10000
Faulting process id: 0x1bfc
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce7e9c94ef5e68
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: d5c765aa-ea8f-11e2-bee3-10604b5cf9b8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-07-12T01:10:27.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>41913</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Dan</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>EZCA.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.1.7.0</Data>
    <Data>2a425e19</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>f6a10000</Data>
    <Data>1bfc</Data>
    <Data>01ce7e9c94ef5e68</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>d5c765aa-ea8f-11e2-bee3-10604b5cf9b8</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Given faulting application EZCA.exe, I would uninstall and reinstall EZdok since there isn't a known faulting module, it could simply be a missing or corrupt file. 

I un-installed, then re-installed EZDOK, tried the PMDG 737 again and got a fatal error.