Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

PMDG Crashing

Was the fatal error due to EZCA.exe or was it something else? That's important info necessary for continuing to troubleshoot this issue.

According to your crash report, EZCA caused the crash, not PMDG.  You just happened to have the PMDG737 loaded when the crash occurred.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          7/13/2013 7:34:19 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Dan
Description:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: ai_player.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb57
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000191b7
Faulting process id: 0x1794
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce7fac4c1ec2a1
Faulting application path: J:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: J:\FSX\ai_player.dll
Report Id: 27550e40-ebb0-11e2-bee6-10604b5cf9b8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-07-13T11:34:19.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>42542</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Dan</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>
    <Data>46fadb14</Data>
    <Data>ai_player.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>
    <Data>46fadb57</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>000191b7</Data>
    <Data>1794</Data>
    <Data>01ce7fac4c1ec2a1</Data>
    <Data>J:\FSX\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>J:\FSX\ai_player.dll</Data>
    <Data>27550e40-ebb0-11e2-bee6-10604b5cf9b8</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

If you own the PNW there is a fix for this crash in the Seattle area.  Just search the forum for ai_player.dll.

It can also be caused by a bad installation of an addon or your fsx settings are set too high.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ai_player.dll is associated with corrupt traffic.bgl's. This could mean that some of them weren't optimized for FSX and therefore aren't read properly. One way to fix this is to delete them all, make sure a flight works. IF it does, then start adding them back, 3-5 at a time until you get a crash, then you will know the culprit. There is also a tool from Alpha India Group that verifies you have no Fs2004 .bgl files, I don't have a link but a quick google search may help.

I don't know if the crashes are associated with the PNW even though I have it. These flights are originating out of London. If it's a traffic add-on problem , I do have Traffic 360.

If I need to disable something to find the answer, please make it simple. I am pretty smart in some things ,but handling files is not one of them.

Traffic 360 is very buggy at it's current stage. So, now what I'd do is uninstall then reinstall traffic 360 and see if that helps, because its for sure an AI issue.

I un-installed my Traffic 360, then re-installed. Completed the pre flight and flight, SUCCESS! No crashes! The flight was far from perfect and some things need to be addressed, but what a good feeling. Thanks guys!