Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Level D 757

I think there was a forum post only a month or two ago by someone close to the project claiming that not only was the project underway, but that it was a completely modern development with all the VC goodies we expect in a high quality payware airliner.

Just some food for thought.

I myself have thoroughly lost interest in the 757,not that great a jet anyhow.  It's time, in the real world and simming, is done.

spacer.png

I think there was a forum post only a month or two ago by someone close to the project claiming that not only was the project underway, but that it was a completely modern development with all the VC goodies we expect in a high quality payware airliner.

Just some food for thought.

That post being from Darryl Shuttleworth (DShutt)? 

I would wish nothing more than to have a Level-D 757 (of a NGX-level), but I must admit I have lost all kinds of hope it will ever see the light of day. 

I think about 2 years ago, Darryl posted a screenshot of a part of the 75' panel and after that, everything went completely silent again.

It would help quite a lot to get some sign of life of the project. At least something more than a post stating "it's still being worked at". Just show something.... where are we with the project? 

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

That post being from Darryl Shuttleworth (DShutt)? 

I would wish nothing more than to have a Level-D 757 (of a NGX-level), but I must admit I have lost all kinds of hope it will ever see the light of day. 

I think about 2 years ago, Darryl posted a screenshot of a part of the 75' panel and after that, everything went completely silent again.

It would help quite a lot to get some sign of life of the project. At least something more than a post stating "it's still being worked at". Just show something.... where are we with the project?

Not from Darryl, but from someone on the dev team. Here I dug up the quote, the thread is indeed about 2 months old.

"Well we have had some delays due to personal serious rlw matters (development time feels almost like light years lol)

but our 757 is the first to release and will have all the nice 2013 stuff and more and to be the most complete 757 simulation ever for desktop simulation ;-)

Amazing the amount of development hours are already put into this one...

The 767 well the bird is very special so time will tell :-)"

Not from Darryl, but from someone on the dev team. Here I dug up the quote, the thread is indeed about 2 months old.

"Well we have had some delays due to personal serious rlw matters (development time feels almost like light years lol)

but our 757 is the first to release and will have all the nice 2013 stuff and more and to be the most complete 757 simulation ever for desktop simulation ;-)

Amazing the amount of development hours are already put into this one...

The 767 well the bird is very special so time will tell :-)"

Link please.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

It's time, in the real world and simming, is done.

Not really, I'm sure we will see 757's flying 10 to 20 years more in real world and QW 757 is quite nice already.

I would pick this powerful beast over any boring slow climbing 737NG any day. 

They say they're still working on it, but it's at a such a slow pace that it will probably never be released. I'm guessing they work on it maybe 4 times a year. Most of it is obsolete, and the LevelD PR guy is a real vacant guy, so it's hard to know anything. 

I can't live without a 757. It's one of Boeing's most good looking jets ever, and it's a real nice performer as well.

If LVLD doesn't release this thing in 2013, i don't think they ever will. I'd love to see a modern 2013 LVLD 757 as i said in some other topics/forums, but right now i'm a true non-believer. Prove me wrong please :P

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

If this bird is so dead, why have United and American added so many 757 flights across the Atlantic from NYC area airports? Obviously, because they're more efficient to operate on routes like Newark or Kennedy  to London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Paris, Stockholm, etc. 

Actually I'm not thrilled about it, because, IMHO, the 757 is one of the most uncomfortable planes to ride long haul even in the front of the bus.

However, I look forward to the Level-D version of the 757 every bit as much as I look forward to the PMDG 777.

Dan Cole

They say they're still working on it, but it's at a such a slow pace that it will probably never be released. I'm guessing they work on it maybe 4 times a year. Most of it is obsolete, and the LevelD PR guy is a real vacant guy, so it's hard to know anything.

Did you read the referenced post?

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Really if it doesn't get released within 4 years or so I can't really see much point releasing it at all as a payware for FSX. After that time majority of people have probably moved from FSX to some new generation sim.

Andrew Hansen, on 08 Jul 2013 - 2:51 PM, said:

The Easter Bunny is more real than the Level-D 757, unfortunately. :) Both you and Linus should get together and wait for the Great Pumpkin to arrive though. He will come and leave you lots of presents if you only believe!

You're going to eat those words when she's out Andrew. Mark my words non-believer. :P

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO