Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Level D 757

You're going to eat those words when she's out Andrew. Mark my words non-believer. :P

Nope, not a chance.  Even if so, funds are limited and ear-marked for the PMDG 777.

spacer.png

Well if level-d gave us something more concrete than "it's coming"'it would make more people "believe". Just my two pence on the matter.

People are moving on. Desk top flight simulation as we know it, is clearly dying.

Mo45

When Daryl explained LDS' position as a few years ago it became crystal clear why they say almost nothing, Because it would only beg more questions from people who do this very detailed work only as their spare time allows. Besides, it's LDS - no matter when they release, no matter how old FSX, it'll sell. MS' decision on FSX actually works in their favor as well.

Regards,

Mark

People are moving on. Desk top flight simulation as we know it, is clearly dying.

Moving into what?

Yikes!  This is certainly a shocker.  This is the first time I heard flight simulating is dying.  Wonder if Lockheed is aware of it and the addon developers.  You have 11 posts and you are posting that flight simming is "clearly dying"?  I hope you are wrong.  I know I am certainly enjoying it and looking forward to the upcoming release of some great addons (like the PMDG747, the PMDG777).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yikes!  This is certainly a shocker.  This is the first time I heard flight simulating is dying.  Wonder if Lockheed is aware of it and the addon developers.  You have 11 posts and you are posting that flight simming is "clearly dying"?  I hope you are wrong.  I know I am certainly enjoying it and looking forward to the upcoming release of some great addons (like the PMDG747, the PMDG777).

Best regards,

Jim

How about the LDS 757?

Dan Cole

Best post ever :lol:

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Best post ever :lol:

I suppose we don't know. PMDG, Aerosoft and others will be able to give you the hard facts as to the health (or otherwise) of the market. MS themselves have a large hand in the current situation by not having a current FS title on the shelves of places like PC World, supermarkets and other stores so that has probably served as a barrier to 'new' entrants into the hobby. In many ways, we've never had it so good - the bar keeps going up again and again and add-ons that we deemed cutting edge only a few years ago looks like something from FS98 to my eyes these days. How much money there is to be made from it, we don't know. It seems that MS decided it wasn't worth the bother but then again they've hardly made the best judgement calls on a whole host of things in recent years so I wouldn't place too much sway on that. There will always be plenty of folk obsessed with aviation and who will play that out with desktop simulation, but on the scale of other types of gaming such as racing and shoot em ups? Naw.   

I was being ironic, simulation has never been better, and once you have your FSX up and running you're in addon heaven.

This is the situation now, maybe some other simulator, with time, steps up and replaces FSX.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

The dying flight simulation actually could(!) be correct:

Hardcore flight simmers (like us!) will never give up this hobby, but the occasional/peripheral simmers might just move on to different types of simulations/PC games.

As long as the hardcore simmers look at each other on the AVSIM forums they probably might not even notice this change.

Now, don't jump at me; I'm hardcore myself!   biggrin.png

Netcraft confirms it?

Proof?