Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daniel choen

Level D 757

Hello,

I've heard long long time ago that Level D are planning on doing 757 for FSX, so far I haven't heard anything about it. any news?

cheers.

They say they're still working on it. I believe them, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Vaporware.

At this point, if they are still working on it, then parts of it were coded going on 7 years ago.

Unlikely.

Vaporware.

At this point, if they are still working on it, then parts of it were coded going on 7 years ago.

Unlikely.

+1

Seems like now its becoming obsolete without even seeing the plane. Vapor.

I think we could see the plane this year. I know Andre said there were a lot of personal things that happened over the last few years, which held up development.

I think we could see the plane this year. I know Andre said there were a lot of personal things that happened over the last few years, which held up development.

+1

I'm still waiting for this beauty.  :P

I know it's coming and I suspect they will follow the 757 up with a brand new 767.

Since their 767 conversion to FSX was excellent, considering it was 6 years ago, I would not hesitate to buy the 757.  The Level-D team has frequently mentioned that theirs is a part-time job, as opposed to another great developer, like PMDG.  Regardless of when it comes out, it will not be a letdown.  Too bad that in the real world the 757s are starting to be scrapped.

Yes its a shame about the real aircraft starting to get scrapped but I suppose all good things have certain life time too. My fsvourite airliner is the 757 definately something unique about it. I only flew on it once on a First Choice aircraft, enjoyed it. Must admit since moving to Western Australia I have flown on the Boeing 717 and also I find it a unique enjoyable airliner, anyway not trying to get off topic, it's been a long time waiting for Level-D 757, but patiently I will wait. Like myself, Level-D should always put family and real life first, regardless of the few impatient people on forums who think they know best.

I was excited about this several years ago, but not so much any more as the years rolled by. Got the NGX, the 777 is coming out, the 747v2 is arriving sometime, still got the Lvl-D 767. It's something I would buy, but it would be hard to justify getting another similar Boeing airplane at this stage, even if it was up to current state-of-the-art. 

I'm not really waiting for it as who knows how many more years it could take before it's out. But sure I would buy it if it ever comes out.

Guys, you'll never see it.      L-D pioneered the 'sim within a sim' concept with Flight Simulator, but their glory days have long since passed.    L-D programming talent at present is so convoluted and unprioritized that the 757 will just never see light.     It happens.

As someone pointed out above in this thread, whatever coding they do have is so old by now that it's just not revelvant with contemporary add-ons like PMDG.    I think the biggest thing L-D needs to do now is just admit to themselves that they simply got in way over their heads and the project is just not going to ever fully come together.     Why would anyone want to revert back to seven year old programming concepts when they could have state of the art with the more organized and ambitous developers that are currently leading the hardcore sim market?   

Ah ah ah... Funny post Andrew. But you're wrong.

Ah ah ah... Funny post Andrew. But you're wrong.

The Easter Bunny is more real than the Level-D 757, unfortunately.    :)     Both you and Linus should get together and wait for the Great Pumpkin to arrive though.    He will come and leave you lots of presents if you only believe!

This is on my list of 'to acquire aircraft I want to learn', however I'm not to worried about the date of release because I also have a list of 'owned aircraft I want to learn' that is far from being exhausted, I suspect I'm not lone in this situation either. :)

Not too worried about release date.

I think there was a forum post only a month or two ago by someone close to the project claiming that not only was the project underway, but that it was a completely modern development with all the VC goodies we expect in a high quality payware airliner.

Just some food for thought.

I myself have thoroughly lost interest in the 757,not that great a jet anyhow.  It's time, in the real world and simming, is done.

I think there was a forum post only a month or two ago by someone close to the project claiming that not only was the project underway, but that it was a completely modern development with all the VC goodies we expect in a high quality payware airliner.

Just some food for thought.

That post being from Darryl Shuttleworth (DShutt)? 

I would wish nothing more than to have a Level-D 757 (of a NGX-level), but I must admit I have lost all kinds of hope it will ever see the light of day. 

I think about 2 years ago, Darryl posted a screenshot of a part of the 75' panel and after that, everything went completely silent again.

It would help quite a lot to get some sign of life of the project. At least something more than a post stating "it's still being worked at". Just show something.... where are we with the project? 

That post being from Darryl Shuttleworth (DShutt)? 

I would wish nothing more than to have a Level-D 757 (of a NGX-level), but I must admit I have lost all kinds of hope it will ever see the light of day. 

I think about 2 years ago, Darryl posted a screenshot of a part of the 75' panel and after that, everything went completely silent again.

It would help quite a lot to get some sign of life of the project. At least something more than a post stating "it's still being worked at". Just show something.... where are we with the project?

Not from Darryl, but from someone on the dev team. Here I dug up the quote, the thread is indeed about 2 months old.

"Well we have had some delays due to personal serious rlw matters (development time feels almost like light years lol)

but our 757 is the first to release and will have all the nice 2013 stuff and more and to be the most complete 757 simulation ever for desktop simulation ;-)

Amazing the amount of development hours are already put into this one...

The 767 well the bird is very special so time will tell :-)"

Not from Darryl, but from someone on the dev team. Here I dug up the quote, the thread is indeed about 2 months old.

"Well we have had some delays due to personal serious rlw matters (development time feels almost like light years lol)

but our 757 is the first to release and will have all the nice 2013 stuff and more and to be the most complete 757 simulation ever for desktop simulation ;-)

Amazing the amount of development hours are already put into this one...

The 767 well the bird is very special so time will tell :-)"

Link please.

It's time, in the real world and simming, is done.

Not really, I'm sure we will see 757's flying 10 to 20 years more in real world and QW 757 is quite nice already.

I would pick this powerful beast over any boring slow climbing 737NG any day. 

They say they're still working on it, but it's at a such a slow pace that it will probably never be released. I'm guessing they work on it maybe 4 times a year. Most of it is obsolete, and the LevelD PR guy is a real vacant guy, so it's hard to know anything.