Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Level D 757

Hello,

I've heard long long time ago that Level D are planning on doing 757 for FSX, so far I haven't heard anything about it. any news?

cheers.

They say they're still working on it. I believe them, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Vaporware.

At this point, if they are still working on it, then parts of it were coded going on 7 years ago.

Unlikely.

Vaporware.

At this point, if they are still working on it, then parts of it were coded going on 7 years ago.

Unlikely.

+1

Seems like now its becoming obsolete without even seeing the plane. Vapor.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I think we could see the plane this year. I know Andre said there were a lot of personal things that happened over the last few years, which held up development.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think we could see the plane this year. I know Andre said there were a lot of personal things that happened over the last few years, which held up development.

+1

I'm still waiting for this beauty.  :P

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I know it's coming and I suspect they will follow the 757 up with a brand new 767.

\Robert Hamlich/

Since their 767 conversion to FSX was excellent, considering it was 6 years ago, I would not hesitate to buy the 757.  The Level-D team has frequently mentioned that theirs is a part-time job, as opposed to another great developer, like PMDG.  Regardless of when it comes out, it will not be a letdown.  Too bad that in the real world the 757s are starting to be scrapped.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Yes its a shame about the real aircraft starting to get scrapped but I suppose all good things have certain life time too. My fsvourite airliner is the 757 definately something unique about it. I only flew on it once on a First Choice aircraft, enjoyed it. Must admit since moving to Western Australia I have flown on the Boeing 717 and also I find it a unique enjoyable airliner, anyway not trying to get off topic, it's been a long time waiting for Level-D 757, but patiently I will wait. Like myself, Level-D should always put family and real life first, regardless of the few impatient people on forums who think they know best.

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

I was excited about this several years ago, but not so much any more as the years rolled by. Got the NGX, the 777 is coming out, the 747v2 is arriving sometime, still got the Lvl-D 767. It's something I would buy, but it would be hard to justify getting another similar Boeing airplane at this stage, even if it was up to current state-of-the-art. 

I'm not really waiting for it as who knows how many more years it could take before it's out. But sure I would buy it if it ever comes out.

Guys, you'll never see it.      L-D pioneered the 'sim within a sim' concept with Flight Simulator, but their glory days have long since passed.    L-D programming talent at present is so convoluted and unprioritized that the 757 will just never see light.     It happens.

As someone pointed out above in this thread, whatever coding they do have is so old by now that it's just not revelvant with contemporary add-ons like PMDG.    I think the biggest thing L-D needs to do now is just admit to themselves that they simply got in way over their heads and the project is just not going to ever fully come together.     Why would anyone want to revert back to seven year old programming concepts when they could have state of the art with the more organized and ambitous developers that are currently leading the hardcore sim market?   

Ah ah ah... Funny post Andrew. But you're wrong.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Ah ah ah... Funny post Andrew. But you're wrong.

The Easter Bunny is more real than the Level-D 757, unfortunately.    :)     Both you and Linus should get together and wait for the Great Pumpkin to arrive though.    He will come and leave you lots of presents if you only believe!

This is on my list of 'to acquire aircraft I want to learn', however I'm not to worried about the date of release because I also have a list of 'owned aircraft I want to learn' that is far from being exhausted, I suspect I'm not lone in this situation either. :)

Not too worried about release date.