Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

Hole in the "Windshield"

In my NGX, there is a large circle in the VC on the captain's side that is more transparent/less tinted than the rest of the Windshield [since I don't know the professional term!]

Does anybody know why this has happened and what causes it/any fixes?

Jeremy,

a screenshot would help us to see what you're trying to describe.

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Thanks for the reply, the issue seemed to have resolved after rebooting the sim, I'm not quite sure what happened!

Hi jetsflier,

Did this ever happen to you again? Reason I ask at KATL today I had the problem exactly as you describe, a large circular hole right in front of the captain in the windscreen.

It also disappeared when I rebooted FSX, but out of curiosity where did yours occur?

Regards

Mervyn

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I think it's part of the combiner screen. From memory it's mentioned as one of the 'features' mentioned in the introduction manual.

"Is not Bug, is Feature."

Thanks for the replies, but this really isn't a feature, nor was the HUD down at the time.

Also, by reloading FSX with exactly the same scenario the problem had disappeared and of course I can't replicate it now to take a screenshot.

Anyway, no big shakes as I say it work flawlessly after resetting.

Regards

Mervyn

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg