Sign in to follow this  
Dewey

Neither Flight Stick, nor keyboard will control the control surfaces

Suddenly, I have no control of the control surfaces of any of myi planes, neither those supplied with FS, nor any of my addons. The surfaces (ailerons, stab, etc.) either go to their stops and stay there, or they jitter, and drift slowly up and down at random.  The last addon was Acceleration.  It has been working perfectly now for several months, so I don't know whether to suspect it or not.  Of course, I'm not ruling anything out at this point.

I have two questions, actually;

1.  Has anyone experienced, or even heard of this problem before, and possibly know of the solution to it?

2.  If I decided to try reinstalling FSX, does anyone know if am I going to get any response from Microsoft when I try ti re-activate it?

Oh, I do have one other question;  if I uninstall and reinstall FSX, do I need to uninstall Acceleration, and then reinstall it after the FSX install?

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.  I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July, and took a moment to remember what it's for.

Dewey

Suddenly, I have no control of the control surfaces of any of myi planes, neither those supplied with FS, nor any of my addons. The surfaces (ailerons, stab, etc.) either go to their stops and stay there, or they jitter, and drift slowly up and down at random. The last addon was Acceleration. It has been working perfectly now for several months, so I don't know whether to suspect it or not. Of course, I'm not ruling anything out at this point.

I have two questions, actually;

1. Has anyone experienced, or even heard of this problem before, and possibly know of the solution to it?

2. If I decided to try reinstalling FSX, does anyone know if am I going to get any response from Microsoft when I try ti re-activate it?

Oh, I do have one other question; if I uninstall and reinstall FSX, do I need to uninstall Acceleration, and then reinstall it after the FSX install?

Thanks for whatever help you can provide. I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July, and took a moment to remember what it's for.

Dewey

I've never had this problem, but in regards to number 2, the activation servers were still up last time I re-installed (about 4 months ago because I purchased Acceleration). Also, if you do uninstall, I recommend uninstalling Acceleration and re-installing it. In fact, I would follow NickN's guide for installing FSX altogether. I always look up how to remove FSX completely on PMDG's help articles (on their site), and then re-install using NickN's guide.

Edit:

PMDG's guide: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

NickN's guide: http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html

I think NickN has a new tuning guide, but I don't know if it tells you how to install FSX properly.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Alright.  Good info.  I appreciate your response.

Dewey

Alright.  Good info.  I appreciate your response.

Dewey

No problem, but I just realized that you said Acceleration was the last thing you installed. If you did not perform a complete FSX re-install, then that might be your problem. When I bought Acceleration, I asked on the forums and was told to re-install FSX, or I might problems by just installing Acceleration over my existing install.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

As a matter of fact, I did a little research prior to installing Accel. and found the recommendation to uninstall, reboot, reinstall FSX, reboot, then install Accel.  So, not seeing anything to lose by taking those steps, I followed them, and Accel. worked perfectliy right from the start.

Thanks for the follow up anyway.  I appreciate it.

Dewey