Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Quality Wings 787

I know PMDG's 777 is arguably the most anticipated add-on this year but I wonder how many are also waiting on the QW 787? I've been waiting on this add-on for sometime and am really looking forward to it its release. Info on the progress of this add-on has been hard to find so I wonder if anyone has info on where QW are with it.

They said 4th quarter this year.

Thanks for the info, I'm really looking forward to this one..

Yes, I hope QW knocks the ball out of the park with the 787, eagerly awaiting to see it! 

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

If it is anything like the Avro/RJ it will be a hit. I will buy it and support them, that is for sure.

I still fly their 757. QW IMO makes some very nice addons. While not 100% realism purist, they are awesome none the same and get just as much flying time if not more than the others.

Looking at just some of the preview shots, she will be a beautiful bird, and QW will no doubt nail the FDE. Looks like it will be a win win this year either way with all the high quality addons on the horizon. Kinda hard to pick and choose, might as well get them all!!!

Sent from my Apple communications device.

While the QW addons are not up to the high systems standards of the PMDG birds, they are still very well put together. I love  flying the Avro. The 787 should be a nice representation while we wait for something deeper.

The Avro is really rather nice, although you can see where the corners were cut compared to say the NGX or the Q400.

Their 757 has a rather nasty VC by FSX standards which is a shame as it's a lovely looking bird. 

its a pity QW have not finished the Ultimate 146 yet  ,only half the add on has been delivered to date,but paid for approx 12 mths ago  ,poor show QW I wont be waiting for their 787

I may have some information here, it's from an analysis I did of a facebook post.

ARNZX [Aircraft Repaints New Zealand] creates repaints [for free] for various FSX aircraft, including payware aircraft.
On their facebook page they say:

The current aircraft in the paint hanger are for an as yet unreleased Boeing add-on so we hope to have a couple of skins available on day 1 for that, and no its not the 777.

Given that information, the only aircraft I could possibly think of is the QW 787, or the LEVELD 757 which seems unlikely at this stage. So, at the very minimum QW must have the exterior model complete, if my analysis is correct [which it very well may not be.]

The last they said is that they would provide more information about it once they released their part 3 of the Avro! I'm excited for then!

Signature2.png

Looking forward to this and whilst it might not have the depth of PMDG & A2A i.e. modelling systems to the depth of wear and realistic emergent failures the quality is superb.

The 146 collection IMO could have been released as two packages, I'd have paid for both.