Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

How to get rid of static airport ground vehicles.

Is there a way to remove static ground vehicles from FSX add-on or stock airports? The static ground vehicles are misplaced in the traffic lanes. Check pics for my problem, thanks for your time.

b2ae3cb7-77e9-49c4-9e9d-542a33a6d5ed.jpg

abee897e-c16b-478a-9626-cf86203f7400.jpg

Go to your FSX/Settings/Diplay Settings- Customize, and on the traffic tab the third slider on the left is "Airport vehicle density". Slide that all the way to the left so it says "None".

e6kp.jpg

I feel like a fool, thank you very much for the quick reply and a solution I did not even think of, fearing I would lose all my ground vehicles (I did not). I was just short of a reinstall to fix this. Again thank you. I knew there was a reason why I left my other Forum going years back. This is definitely the FSX hot spot, IMHO.

I feel like a fool, thank you very much for the quick reply and a solution I did not even think of, fearing I would lose all my ground vehicles (I did not). I was just short of a reinstall to fix this. Again thank you. I knew there was a reason why I left my other Forum going years back. This is definitely the FSX hot spot, IMHO.

No problem :wink: . Glad you're good to go.

The solution provided unfortunately impacts the entire airport scenery database and depending upon the the code assigned (level of scenery intensity that is assigned to the object) to the airport vehicles in some addons or airports you WILL lose them all and this can take away for the airport clutter experience.

There are tools available to identify which are the offending objects and where they are located and you can modify their specific location if it suits you  - such as "Instant Scenery".

As your FSX sim grows such as mine with 600 scenery layers and a couple of thousand $$ in scenery addons you will not want to just shut off all static airport vehicle objects.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

The solution provided unfortunately impacts the entire airport scenery database and depending upon the the code assigned (level of scenery intensity that is assigned to the object) to the airport vehicles in some addons or airports you WILL lose them all and this can take away for the airport clutter experience.

There are tools available to identify which are the offending objects and where they are located and you can modify their specific location if it suits you  - such as "Instant Scenery".

As your FSX sim grows such as mine with 600 scenery layers and a couple of thousand $$ in scenery addons you will not want to just shut off all static airport vehicle objects.

I was hoping for a more direct solution, thanks. For now it makes what I am using much more pleasant. If you could please look at my latest post and see if that would help that problem also, I would appreciate it, thanks.