Sign in to follow this  
glassfish

Documentary: Building the Boeing 777

Hello Everyone

While we wait for PMDG's 777, I thought I might share an interesting documentary.

This documentary covers the development phase of the 777 from project inception to the inaugural flight with United Airlines.

It is one of the most detailed and accurate aviation or for the matter of fact engineering documentaries I have ever seen with 5 hours worth of content!

Yes. This is a VERY long documentary and I highly recommend it be watched over a couple of days.(unless you have lots of spare time)

This film is out of print, but lucky for us someone on YouTube has uploaded it. They really didn't do a good job organizing it so I have put the parts neatly in order in the following playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqp3twW1WPfBeaqhGn0mEUHRjdXjx_Nvp&feature=mh_lolz

In my opinion this is a must see for anyone on this forum, anyone interested in airplanes, anyone interested in engineering, or for just about anyone.

By the way. There is a book that goes with this documentary with much more detail(if you didn't get enough from the film). It under the same name as the film.

Hope you enjoy,

Safa Bakhshi

I have watched this doco 2 times over, probably the best documentry I have ever watched as a whole.

I was hoping something similar was done for the 787 but it looks doubtful.

Got the link before some troll wanders by and complains...thanks.

spacer.png

What an incredible level of detail.  I am impressed that Boeing permitted so much filming behind the scenes; it really gives you the feeling of being a fly on the wall.  It really outsiders a broad understanding of what goes into the production of such an aircraft.  It is a rarity to find such an in-depth look.  Thank you for posting this.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

There is a nice long vid on youtube called "D check on a 747".  That one is well worth the time to watch as well.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

By the way. There is a book that goes with this documentary with much more detail

Read the book a while ago, it is very good. I was lucky that my local library had a copy.