Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Some more pictures, flying out of Lone Pine, CA

Hope you enjoy these pictures, using Blue Sky Scenery and the Carenado 172....

John

1_zps656d7b3b.jpg

4_zps58ace93b.jpg

3_zpse704b8af.jpg

5_zps2026fce2.jpg

2_zps724200be.jpg

8_zpsca8d1b87.jpg

7_zpsb79cef84.jpg

9_zps3002841d.jpg

10_zpse989f11b.jpg

Good looking shots.  High wing monoplane and good scenery, what's not to like??  Thanks :-)

Sierra Nevada......beautiful. and Lone Pine my favourite!

HLJAMES

Sierra Nevada......beautiful. and Lone Pine my favourite!

HLJAMES

I chose this series of screenshots because I took a recent road trip through the area, which is why I was absent from the forums for a while.  I drove from Phoenix to the Death Valley, then drove Death Valley to Lone Pine, then up Owens Valley all the way to Reno.  The scenery at ground level is amazing--it rivals the Grand Tetons in splendor.  I expected Death Valley to be a vast expanse of desert but instead it was a combination of mountains, beautiful desert formations and vistas, and small little burgs with small restaurants and a lot of kind people.

Simulator wise, if you have photoreal scenery like Blue Sky, a flight from Reno to Bishop, then to Lone Pine, then across the Death Valley to Vegas, is one of the most spectacular VFR flights you can have.  Red Rock Canyon outside of Vegas is amazing--I drove thru there on my road trip home.

This scenery is worth the download, and it displays fluidly with no stutters.

John

***Gorgeous***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I chose this series of screenshots because I took a recent road trip through the area, which is why I was absent from the forums for a while.  I drove from Phoenix to the Death Valley, then drove Death Valley to Lone Pine, then up Owens Valley all the way to Reno.  The scenery at ground level is amazing--it rivals the Grand Tetons in splendor.  I expected Death Valley to be a vast expanse of desert but instead it was a combination of mountains, beautiful desert formations and vistas, and small little burgs with small restaurants and a lot of kind people.

Simulator wise, if you have photoreal scenery like Blue Sky, a flight from Reno to Bishop, then to Lone Pine, then across the Death Valley to Vegas, is one of the most spectacular VFR flights you can have.  Red Rock Canyon outside of Vegas is amazing--I drove thru there on my road trip home.

This scenery is worth the download, and it displays fluidly with no stutters.

John

East of Vegas is St George, Utah then Zion canyon, Brice canyon, Lake Powell, Monument valley.

Then bring your turbo supercharger to the biggest playground of all: COLORADO!

HLJAMES