Sign in to follow this  

Haven't had any issues. 

I will install 320.49 WHQL which will hopefully not feature these issues...

Using them on my 3 nvidia GPUs and no issues. GTX780, GTX650Ti and mobile 650M.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I used them on my 660ti and had quite a few problems. Games crashing, BSODs, lines on the screen, all that stuff. I can't say for certain the drivers killed my card, but I tried using older drivers with it and still had issues. I ended up just buying a 770, and one of these days I might give the 660 a shot on my current motherboard and see if I still have the same problems.

What I read at OCN was that it does not actually kill cards, but the people that have problems have a real hard time getting the drivers removed and an older driver reinstalled.  Once the driver is completely removed and a new driver successfully installed the cards function normally.

What I read at OCN was that it does not actually kill cards, but the people that have problems have a real hard time getting the drivers removed and an older driver reinstalled.  Once the driver is completely removed and a new driver successfully installed the cards function normally.

Unfortunetly, that wasn't he case for me. Did a complete reformat and still had issues with one of the older drivers (314.xx I think).

I was having some issues with these drivers with another game (graphical artifacting), so I rolled back to 314.xx drivers and everything is fine since.

I have 320,49 and it has basically messed up FSX for me. I get black flashes/tearing all over my screen, fps terrible and i don't know how to fix it. I run at 4.5ghz and could easily fly into FSDT KLAS in the ngx with 30 fps but now its like 20. So disappointed.

Just installed the recommended!   

Now to take the driver out for a flight.....

I have 320,49 and it has basically messed up FSX for me. I get black flashes/tearing all over my screen, fps terrible and i don't know how to fix it. I run at 4.5ghz and could easily fly into FSDT KLAS in the ngx with 30 fps but now its like 20. So disappointed.

Did you do a clean install...did you have that checked at the bottom when having used the CUSTOM INSTALL mask?  If not...rerun the installer, and only install the driver, PhyX, and the HD audio driver, as a clean install. Save any nVidia INspector settings as an export before you rerun the installer if you have already re-set up your Inspector. After your install, reboot your system and then import your saved Inspector settings. You are now good to go....

I used them on my 660ti and had quite a few problems. Games crashing, BSODs, lines on the screen, all that stuff. I can't say for certain the drivers killed my card, but I tried using older drivers with it and still had issues. I ended up just buying a 770, and one of these days I might give the 660 a shot on my current motherboard and see if I still have the same problems.

Exact same problem with me too. Old card was only 6 months old, currently in warranty limbo. I think ill end up having to buy a new card.

Chuck Madsen

Did you do a clean install...did you have that checked at the bottom when having used the CUSTOM INSTALL mask?  If not...rerun the installer, and only install the driver, PhyX, and the HD audio driver, as a clean install. Save any nVidia INspector settings as an export before you rerun the installer if you have already re-set up your Inspector. After your install, reboot your system and then import your saved Inspector settings. You are now good to go....

I just ran the recommended install but I'll do what you said. Should I completely wipe all the drivers or just install on top of it again?

I've also been getting pop up messages saying "Nvidia driver stopped responding and has recovered"

nvi_zpsf8d119bd.png

I just ran the recommended install but I'll do what you said. Should I completely wipe all the drivers or just install on top of it again?

I'd do a complete erase and install....you should have no further problems.