Sign in to follow this  

Still using 260.89 WHQL and all sims run a dream.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

What are the procedures for erasing all the nvidia drivers? Never done it before.

One very simple way to to it, is when you are using the nVidia driver suite install program, at the bottom you check CUSTOM, to only install the graphics driver, the PhyEX, and the HD Audio driver. That's it. Then at the very bottom you click on the box which states for a fresh install, or something to that effect, that removes completely the previous driver and scrubs the system before installing the new one, rather than merely overwriting over the old. You know you have the right check box, if the mask warns you that you will lose any user-set video settings. Make sure though that before you run the nVidia .exe file, that you export your nVidia Inspector custom settings, as a scrub will erase those as well. After you run the nVidia driver installer, reboot your system, and then the first thing you do, is click on nVidia Inspector and IMPORT back your custom settings. I always export my settings for XPlane, FSX, and FS9 if I change up any one of them.

After reading this thread, I decided to revert back to the 314.22 driver suite, I lost about 3 FPS on all my flight simulators, in doing so, but did it to be safe. I was not having any outward issues with the 320.18's, but decided to play it safe. But definately, at least on my system, the 320.18's did give you the hottest and max FPS performance. Perhaps it was driving some older cards, too hard and aggressive. I'm running a GTX680 2 GB.

The new 320.49 is supposed to FIX any problems with the 320.18,  Downloaded it yesterday, and it runs quite well.

Stan

The new 320.49 is supposed to FIX any problems with the 320.18,  Downloaded it yesterday, and it runs quite well.

Stan

I'm running it too, Stan.  No issues, and I have come up those lost 3 FPS across The Three Musketeers. :)

guys i am using still 309 driver. should i install 320-49? does it worth? every time i install new driver, my inspector settings goes away :S

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

guys i am using still 309 driver. should i install 320-49? does it worth? every time i install new driver, my inspector settings goes away :S

I have 320.49 on my new GTX 760. It works fine. 

Backup your Inspector settings, and then import them after your update?

Also for some reason, in 320.49 NVIDIA removed the ability to update the drivers from within the NVIDIA control panel... Stupid idea. Also, the taskbar icon is gone.

installed before reading your post. so i have to re arrange my inspector settings  :blink:

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903