Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Black Box Simulations

Hi guy's, has anyone used or have the A330 from Black Box Simulations? If there is is it worth the purchase and the download.

Cheers Rod.

If you want system fidelity,I've heard good reports about it from FLEX1978,but looking at youtube videos the vc isn't 

so good.Sorry,thought you meant A320 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have it. It's a superb add-on. I was sceptical about getting it at first. Took a gamble and it paid off.

Yes the VC isnt PMDG but it's certainly flyable and a nice environment.

Of you do get it don't forget to unlock the steering on the tiller!! ;)

I don't purchase BBS products because places that sell their products to people before they are 100% finished seem a little risky to me, there isn't any guarantee that they will finish and there isn't any reason why they wouldn't, but it's still concerning. They haven't even finished their A320 series! Captain Sim is following suit now as well [but that shouldn't be mentioned here otherwise we get a Captain Sim discussion!]

• Upvote 3

• Personally, I don't think I'll ever understand why some people part with their hard earned money on an unfinished product?  Do they buy everything of this status?

• Upvote 6

I was looking at getting these as I would love to have a A330. But after the Airsimmer advance experience I'll never buy a beta again. But I'll be looking at buying these once they get to full release.  

• Upvote 3

Hi, I have the A320 but not yet the A330 (went broke after my long summer holiday trip LOL).

Anyway, some thought about BBS overall:

1) It is being developed towards its "extreme edition" (which aims at hardcore simmers). But just to make clear that I found that at current stage what it is offering is pretty darn flyable and enjoyable.

2) Honestly if you are a new customer and quite skeptical about the "prologue" business model, then I think you can wait for upcoming version 0.8, which they claim to have: 1) brand new virtual cockpit model and improvement on the external model as well, 2) brand new MFD displays with more competent rendering technique or something (sorry I am not a techie :D), 3) improvement further on the FDE, autotrim and flight envelop protection.... then you can decide then...

I don't buy BSS products either as quality is not great at all. You should try the Aerosoft Airbus.....Its a lot more fun and its beautiful :)

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

I don't buy BSS products either as quality is not great at all. You should try the Aerosoft Airbus.....Its a lot more fun and its beautiful :)

Sorry but you dont buy it so how you can say quality is not great at all LOL...

I DO like the Aerosoft Airbus (see my banner!), but the BBS version seems to have a more consistent approach towards modelling systems (maintaining a certain degree of system depth all over the flightdeck). The Aerosoft version is surprisingly (and, IMO, annoyingly, inconsistent with that.

I DO like the Aerosoft Airbus (see my banner!), but the BBS version seems to have a more consistent approach towards modelling systems (maintaining a certain degree of system depth all over the flightdeck). The Aerosoft version is surprisingly (and, IMO, annoyingly, inconsistent with that.

If you gladly pay the FULL R&D cost for such extra system fidelity, I will be happy to include such features.

While making such comments, bear in mind that we do not have much code to recycle on, while other products have an incredible amount of code to recycle as a solid base.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

If you gladly pay the FULL R&D cost for such extra system fidelity, I will be happy to include such features.

You've been including a selected few of them anyway, slowly and steadily. Appreciated, especially after v1.10.

While making such comments, bear in mind that we do not have much code to recycle on, while other products have an incredible amount of code to recycle as a solid base.

Which adds to my admiration (starting with the FBW mod for the AX). Remember: You (Joshua) build 'em 'cause I (Oliver) can't!!!   ^_^ 

The suggestion posted above was to dump the BBS in favour of the AAX ... for the fun and for its beauty. There are pros and cons to that suggestion based on those arguments, IMO ...   B) 

Once the Airbus Extended started navigating properly, i had no doubts to ditch the BBS A320 series. Same will happen with the A330 for sure.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Arghh, yet another topic about the bus :D. So hard, because both have their pros and cons.....