Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Black Box Simulations

I notice there's no way to luminate the cockpit or is there?

There is a way to illuminate the cockpit in the aerosoft Airbus X Extended version. It's down to the right of MCDU1 or otherwise known as the MCDU on the captain's side. It is either on or off, there is no dimming or brightening such as in the PMDG 737 NGX. The aerosoft A318/A319 is due to come out autumn of this year. Their A330 is projected for Q3 of next year, which is approximately end of summer/beginning of autumn.

Sorry Jeremy I was actually refering to the BBS A330 cockpit lumination as I think you can only illuminate panels as I'm still thinking of giving this bird a go, surely it couldn't any worst than other beta craft on the market.

Cheers Rod.

Sorry Jeremy I was actually refering to the BBS A330 cockpit lumination as I think you can only illuminate panels as I'm still thinking of giving this bird a go, surely it couldn't any worst than other beta craft on the market.

Cheers Rod.

My apologies. I was not quite sure which you were talking about so I decided to be safe rather than sorry! 

Jeremy, I have purchased this addon and have found that there is no user manual just a short setup one but cockpit lumination is operatable from the 2D panels and found most switch's and knobs do work from the 2D popups and not the VC, I know it's beta but it doesn't seem to be too bad, bit of fun anyway.

Cheers Rod.

I have both A320 and 330, and I must admit, although they don't look PMDG quality, they certainly are up their, and are improving. The systems are extensive and to get the most out of the aircraft, you must read the rather extensive manuals. Considering the version and stage they are up to in this development, you must say WOW because they are still in beta, and are better than most finished aircraft. Blackbox themselves are a small team, who certainly punch above their own weight and are willing to give support through Facebook, which I find highly convenient. Exterior and Interior models are relatively high quality, repaints are great and every little detail from the rivets to reflections are amazing. Sounds are also quite good.

Their is also a new, reworked VC in the works for both the A330 and A320.   

For the money I spent, im certainly happy, and do not regret buying it, and I highly recommend it.

Yeh Alex I had a bit of a play around with it today and I to am surprised as to how well it looks, sounds and performs for the stage that it's at right now, but can you answer me this, is the manual basicly the same as the A320 which they have, as I'm not able to find one for the 330 on their website.

Cheers Rod.

Yeh Alex I had a bit of a play around with it today and I to am surprised as to how well it looks, sounds and performs for the stage that it's at right now, but can you answer me this, is the manual basicly the same as the A320 which they have, as I'm not able to find one for the 330 on their website.

Cheers Rod.

The panel in the BBS A330 is for the moment still the one of the A320.

You find the A320 manual here:

http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/index.php/technical-support/files/

The A330 is nice and certainly enjoyable.

But imho nevertheless NOT recommendable in he actual version V0.66 (too many flaws)

My LIST of flaws has been acknowledged by BBS. You can find it here:

https://blackboxsimulation.zendesk.com/entries/23999351-A330-issues-v-0-65-and-v-0-66-

As has already been said and as they announced on facebook, they are also working on a new panel and VC.

Guy

A shame the A330 does not work in DX10

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Cheers Rod.

For the moment rod, they are currently designing a 330 manual, but the 330 and 320 share common cockpit, fmc etc.etc

A shame the A330 does not work in DX10

It does, I use it in DX10 quite successfully, infact it looks awesome in DX10

As someone who really enjoys the Simcheck A300B4, how does the A330 compare please?

Ahh I bet you're looking forward to the FMC update next month!

Anyway I have both and the 330 is about the same level of realism and systems.

The FMC looks interesting however flying the A300 on VATSIM now gets me navigating SIDs and STARS using VORs and HDG changes as too many times an FMC has decided to wander off somewhere especially on some complex STARs such as going into EGNX etc.

That's great to know about the comparison and will put the A330 on my list of 'planes to acquire' as soon as my list of 'planes acquired but need to learn' drops down a couple. :)

For the moment rod, they are currently designing a 330 manual, but the 330 and 320 share common cockpit, fmc etc.etc

It does, I use it in DX10 quite successfully, infact it looks awesome in DX10

Ok Alex. I get black squares where the switches and buttons are on the MCP.  Strange.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.