Sign in to follow this  
woodhick

Why the Slows?

According to Chase Kreznor  at avsim 

its their severs that they are having problems with and he told me they were working on it.   I have had this problem for about a month. The library and other flightsim sites work ok.

I was about to post a similar thread as I'm having similar issues for the past week.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Still painfully slow at 3:15 pm EDT.  Reply notification still not working.

Since the mayor upgrade with the new front page Avism has gotten painfully slow

+1 I hate it when a supposed improvement simply isn't.  Oh well, we can but wait...wait...wait

I think this slowdown affects certain areas only because i'm still ok :good:

I think this slowdown affects certain areas only because i'm still ok :good:

Your lucky to be living on the right side of the pond.

I was about to post a similar thread as I'm having similar issues for the past week.

Yep, been about 1 week for me too, and I'm in the UK too same as Rockliffe...... However Woodhick is in the states, so "five-by-fives" regional server theory is unlikely.    I have no issue with other sites either.      As Jeroen said, sometimes over the last few days, I've been unable to get the home page to load at all.   I'm on a mega fast fibre optic bb connection.

But I'm sure the guys are working their best to resolve the problems   :good: 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

It's a lot better this afternoon (GMT).

Maybe someone tripped over a plug or a LAN cable?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

also good here gmt 22/10.

Thanks.

Richard.

Yep, been about 1 week for me too, and I'm in the UK too same as Rockliffe...... However Woodhick is in the states, so "five-by-fives" regional server theory is unlikely.    I have no issue with other sites either.      As Jeroen said, sometimes over the last few days, I've been unable to get the home page to load at all.   I'm on a mega fast fibre optic bb connection.

But I'm sure the guys are working their best to resolve the problems   :good: 

no USA, im in :canada-flag:  with Download speed up to 200 Mbps and upload speed up to 30 Mbps.

Still very slow for me, I cant download anything from the library either.

It's an easy fix, delete the AVSIM.cfg and restart.

But seriously, it's been slow here as well, glad they are working on it.

\Robert Hamlich/

Next morning:  A little better here.  At least I can get things loaded up in some seconds, instead of a minute or so.  And reply notification now works :good:   The real problem is that while the current situation is actually better than the dial up days, we now live in an instant gratification world.  In other words, I want my forums RIGHT NOW!!   I'm sure the guys are working overtime on the issue.