Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

PMDG Autobrake zero

Hi there. I would like to ask if anyone is having the same problem as me and maybe if can help me. Basically everything is working fine but after landing when i vacated runway i set AUTOBRAKE to zero and the aircraft suddenly  apply max brake until it comes to a complete stop. I even tried RTO and when i tapped brakes the autobrake disarm which is normal but when i set it to zero it applies max brake again. could someone help me please thanks...i do all my assignments via FSUIPC by the way...none in FS

thanks

swadeep

Same problem here.. Cycle off the autobrake and the plane grinds to a halt.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

First, the procedure isn't to change the autobrake to 0 to get it to turn off. The common ways to get it to hand over control to you is to stow the speedbrake, or apply more braking force than the autobrake itself. Only then do you reset the selector to zero.

[EDIT: Misread your post - I'll leave this here just in case others aren't doing it, but your procedure seems to be correct.]

One of the solutions I've seen is to hold down the brakes twice in close succession (either hardware or the period button).

If that doesn't work, try the solutions mentioned here (there are a few in this thread):

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/344052-stopping-brakes-failing-sticking/

Kyle Rodgers

This isn't disengaging the autobrake and replacing with manual braking. That works fine.

The scenario is:

Land normally with Autobrake.

Taxi off the runway and cleanup.

If the plane is moving and I switch the autobrake off by clicking it from 2 to off, the plane grinds to a halt. The brakes get applied by moving from 2 to off. The plane can't be moving when I move from 2 to off or it will send everyone's head slamming off the seats.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog

The plane can't be moving when I move from 2 to off or it will send everyone's head slamming off the seats.

Crazy.  I've definitely seen this pop up from time to time in the forums, but I've never had the issue.

I land, let the autobrake kick in (I normally use 2 as well - at IAD it gets me to the last high speed at about 30 knots), kick the brakes off by stowing the speed brakes, note the disarm light, clean up the aircraft, and continue to the gate.  I normally let the plane roll while cleaning up, and when I change the selector to off, I have never had the brakes lock.

Do you both have hardware brakes?  That seems to be the common factor in the posts here.

Kyle Rodgers

What I do is either brake manually if I need to make an exit quite soon, or if I have reduced enough from the autobrake I lower the spoilers. This automatically cancels the autobrake and allows me to roll out and then brake manually when I'm closer to my exit.

Yes. I have Saitek pedals mapped through FSX axis commands and calibrated with FSUIPC ....

When I get home, I'll simply pull the USB on the pedals and see if it's still happening. If I isolate it to the pedals being plugged in, it shouldn't take long to figure out. It's been one of those annoyances that I've tolerated because it's at the very end of my flight.

What I do is either brake manually if I need to make an exit quite soon, or if I have reduced enough from the autobrake I lower the spoilers. This automatically cancels the autobrake and allows me to roll out and then brake manually when I'm closer to my exit.

Johan - the issue is after the runway exit when I put the autobrake switch back to 0. It slams on the brakes when I mouse click from 2 to 0 (off).

Other than that, autobrakes engage/disengage normal when I touch the runway then begin normal manual breaking. it's only when I reset the dial back to off when taxing to the gate.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

i will try what you suggest about tapping brakes twice and report back. thanks. but this issue should be solved anyway hopefully.

thanks

swadeep

i have done as suggested but the problem still exist. i tapped braked twice and all and retract spoilers but when selecting knob to zero from autobrakes 2 or from RTO to 0 the airfract apply max braking and sometimes moves to the side also. would appreciate any help

thanks

swadeep

but when selecting knob to zero from autobrakes 2 or from RTO to 0 the airfract apply max braking and sometimes moves to the side also. would appreciate any help

...again, are you using hardware brakes?

Kyle Rodgers

PMDG informed me that it was my CH Products pedals, and to purchace saitek's.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I'd be interested to see if this is hardware brakes or not. My runway exit procedure is usually: stow spoilers > flaps zero > autobrake 0 > landing/strobe lights off > APU start (I'm not using FS2Crew at the moment). This is probably not 'by the book' but I've never had the autobrakes suddenly re-apply braking.

I am sorry. My bad. I am using saitek combat rudder pedals.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am using saitek combat rudder pedals.

Unplug them and try it without them.  If the issue goes away, it's a problem with the rudder pedals.

Kyle Rodgers

Will try and report back. But surely there must be some fix rather than the pedals as many are experiencing the problem. Before this I was using logitech g490 pedals also and the same thing happened so it can't be the pedals I hope. Anyway will try and report back. Thank You so much.

Cheers

Swadeep

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta