Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

PMDG Autobrake zero

But surely there must be some fix rather than the pedals as many are experiencing the problem. Before this I was using logitech g490 pedals also and the same thing happened so it can't be the pedals I hope.

I think it's a certain sensitivity/issue with hardware pedals in general.  Most people who have had issues find that the issue is resolved by removing the pedals, removing the FSUIPC calibration of the pedals, or using the double tap trick (from what I've seen here anyway.)

If taking the pedals out fixes the issue, then it confirms that there's a problem with the NGX's interaction with them.  I'm not saying PMDG couldn't help by doing something on their end, but it's definitely not something affecting people across the board.

Kyle Rodgers

Just did a test.

1. Unplugged my Saitek pedals and still had the same result.     Send autobrake from 2 to 0 and full brakes get applied (and stay on).

2. Checked my keyboard mapping for brakes and interesting ... I found my num+ and num- key assigned to my left and right brakes respectively.

Unmapped the keyboard commands - and problem goes away.

Re-map the keyboard commands - problem comes back.

I forgot to check, but those two keys aren't linked to the autobrake anywhere are they?

For those with the problem, please check your keyboard mappings for left/right brakes and delete them... see if the result is positive...

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Thanks Bob, the first thing I do is delete all control assignments in FSX. I will look for that when I reinstall, (2new SSD hard drives)

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I will check too and get back to you. Thank you.

Swadeep

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hi. i am sorry to report back late as i was away on a trip. i tried disconnecting the pedal and the same thing still happens. It's like once set to ZERO full brakes are applied and cant be removed until you hit the brakes fully again. any more solutions please?

thanks

swadeep

Hi,

At what speed are you trying to disarm the Autobrakes?  Do you let the Autobrakes bring you to taxi speed or do you use manual braking during landing at say around 60 knots?  I use manual braking in conjunction with the Autobrakes at 60 knots and never had a problem.  WQhen I come to a stop after runway turnoff, I turn the Autobrakes off as part of after landing checks, so I am at a full stop when doing that.  Try stopping first and then turning off the Autobrakes, see if that works.   If you can't fix the problem here, try submitting a ticket to PMDG with the problem.

Rob

Thanks for reply. I do what I normally do as always and never had problems for any add ons.

1. Autobrakes set for landing

2. After landing autobrakes does the work. I tapped the brakes usually between 60-80 knots then disarm lights come on which means autobrakes are disengaged and I am now brakin manually. Once clear of runway and taxiing I set autobrakes to zero and that's when aircraft comes to a full stop completely. If I advance throttle now the aircraft won't taxi until I tapped brakes fully again. It's like brakes and held at max until I press the brakes fully again to release it.

I assign everything via fsuipc and none through fs axis settings assignment.

Thanks

Swadeep

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The tutorial and introduction manual mention this.

Due to FSX limitations, you may need to tap brakes manually few times to get the auto-brakes to disengage. That seems to be the exact thing you're observing.

Try stopping first, hold the aircraft with the manual brakes and then turn the Autobrakes off.

Rob

Do you have the manual brakes set through FSUIPC.  Make sure that all the brake assignments are deleted in the FSX Settings - Controls - ?Name Rudder Pedals, including keystroke assignments

Rob

The tutorial and introduction manual mention this.

Due to FSX limitations, you may need to tap brakes manually few times to get the auto-brakes to disengage. That seems to be the exact thing you're observing.

I did try that but still having the same problem.

Try stopping first, hold the aircraft with the manual brakes and then turn the Autobrakes off.

Rob

Do you have the manual brakes set through FSUIPC.  Make sure that all the brake assignments are deleted in the FSX Settings - Controls - ?Name Rudder Pedals, including keystroke assignments

Rob

All axis assignments are already deleted in fsx and all of them are assigned via FSUIPC. Even keystrokes. The only keystrokes that's via FSX is the ctrl + . for parking brake and . for brake 

i sent pmdg support ticket also and if i removed the fsuipc calibration then problem goes away but when i bring it back the problem appears again. pmdg telling me to contact pete dawson from fsuipc so i did that and just sent him log file but he said i am being fobbed off from pmdg so i am lost now. will wait and see what he says after the log files and see what to do. this is so annoying indeed. pete will be away for a week from tomorrow also  :unsure:

thanks

swadeep

I think Ryan has mentioned that one shouldn't assign any controls through FSUIPC, as they designed the plane to use the default FSX assignments (I'm not 100% sure on the reason, but the fact still remains that he has mentioned to not use FSUIPC with the NGX).

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

If you are using FSUIPC, make sure that you checked the REV box under Calibration for the brakes.  Calibrating throttles etc in FSUIPC is OK so long as you remember to cancel the settings in FSX.  I've set all my yokes, throttles, rudder pedals and brakes in FSUIPC since buying the NGX, and previously with the NG - never a problem.  You can also calibrate the brakes further by adjusting the Curve setting under Calibration to suit pressure and dampening.

Rob

Hi guys. I think i have sorted out the problem. What i did was:

1. Remove all assignments in FSUIPC and started from scratch.

2. Assigned it all again (elevator, ailerons, throttle, rudder, left brake and right brake) on the "left side only" of the assignment page. Before doing that I click to send directly to FSUIPC first.

2 flights done and all is well. Hopefully no more problems. Will report back if any. 

Thank You again for all your help guys. Really appreciate it.

Thanks

Swadeep