Sign in to follow this  
KZ1R

TrackIR smoothness of turns

Hi Stephen,

I would like to suggest you build into Opus additional control for smoothness of turns of TrackIR. At this point I set my TrackIR driver for maximum smoothness (50) but this is still not good enough to ensure the view in the virtual cockpit is not jerky.

This seems to be accounted for in the Ezdok of the recent version (1.17) and works really well.

Any chance you could also do it in Opus which I personally love and want to continue using for the camera view control.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Mike

Best regards,

Mike

Mike,

Couple of things related to Opus were adversely affecting TrackIR on my system but finally got it sorted out. For one, I use AccuFeel and this was causing a conflict with Opus' DHM. I prefer AccuFeel so disabled all the DHM in Opus. Secondly, I set the TrackIR scan value in Opus to 6ms. The default of 12ms was just too choppy when moving around in the VC.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you get any more info.

Make sure your TIR Light Filter Threshold isn't set too high, try setting 70, and adjusting from there, with a max setting of 12 for your IR Brightness. Light pollution and an incorrect Light Filter Threshold setting are the number one main causes of flicker.        

If you are still having problems with jerkiness after setting the TIR light levels then you can try enabling Run TrackIR High Priority  in the Server Configuration dialog.

The OpusFSX DHM effects are intelligently tied into the weather conditions so will provide the most realistic movements, all aspects of the DHM can be tuned with the slider bars to provide you with the effect to desire on your system.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

everything is set up right here. I have tinkered with the Light Filter Threshold but to no avail. Same with the Run TrackIR in High Priority. What I am talking about is the speed of view change in cockpit. I would like to request an additional control that allows me to slow down the speed of view panning.

Mike

Best regards,

Mike

Most of the control is provided within TrackIR itself. The OpusFSX interface only needs to provide basic scaling and scanning settings. You can adjust our scaling in the Configuration dialog but that's about it. The rest is all down to TrackIR speed setting adjustment. Between the two, our scaling controls the extent of movement, the TrackIR setting controls the speed, I think everything is covered. There is quite a large amount of adjustment available in the TrackIR speed setting especially when combined with the TrackIR profile. What you ask is really ALL determined by your TrackIR profile and speed, it is not really down to Opus to make these adjustments.

Stephen

Then I should say I have exhausted all options in configuring TrackIR for slower and more realistic motion. I wouldn't have been writing here if I hadn't done my part already.

If the issue is not going to be addressed within Opus I guess I will have to revert back to Ezdok though I'd hate doing it...

Mike

Best regards,

Mike

Don't know what you expect me to do, its a TrackIR thing, that is the program responsible for adjusting the 'speed' of motion since its TrackIRs device.

Have you adjusted the profile and speed, on my TrackIR that gives me a huge variation and covers every setting I could think of needing. It has to be the TrackIR program that adjusts the head motion since that is the program interfacing with the device. Are up you suffering from the classic light pollution problem because I can't imagine not being able to create a profile and speed setting in TrackIR that provides the desired motion. If TrackIR cannt do it themselves then what do you expect me to do? I just get the eye motion data how do you expect me to alter the speed of motion. All I can do is scale the data or scan the interface at different rates and you have settings for that.

Stephen

What do you expect me to do !

I do not know where your head has moved to or how fast, I do not interface to the TIR device, the TrackIR does that. So no wind ups please, I'm only trying to answer your query.

Stephen

I have altered my TIR profiles and settings and find it very easy to adjust the speed of motion, centre dead zone etc.. Are you sure you have adjusted you TrackIR settings and created your own profile, can't see why that would not be enough. Once again its ONLY the TrackIR program that interfaces directly with the TIR head monitoring device. This is where any adjustments must be made.

Stephen,

let me do this: I will create 2 short video clips where I will show you the head motion managed by Ezdok and by Opus. There I will show you my settings and the way it all works. I guess that will be the easiest way to describe the issue.

Thanks

Mike

Best regards,

Mike

I understand your issue, just wait for the Live Camera Control as I cannot implement the LCC features now, I am too busy with the LWA.

Stephen

OK. Looking forward to Live Camera Control!

Thanks, Stephen.

Mike

Best regards,

Mike